25- Someway

"Time doesn't heal anything. It just teaches us how to live with the pain."

-Unknown

***

A small girl stood in front of me, her pale hand outstretched. I reluctantly took my schedule, And the girl smiled.

She was extremely short, like, so short she only reached my shoulders, and her wispy brown hair fluttered around her neck. Her eyes were a strange topaz, yellow shade, and her skin was so pale she looked like a porcelain doll.

"My name is Alice Cullen." She extended her hand, which I shook, shocked at how cold it was.

"I'm Courtney Swan."

***

Alice pulled me to a stop next to a girl... I don't even know if that description fits her. She looks more like a goddess to me.

She analyzed me through the same yellow eyes that Alice has, and had long, wavy blonde hair that fell to her mid-back. She was also ghostly pale, but in a good way. She looked like the kind of girl who could make models cry.

"Rose! This is Courtney Swan!" Alice exclaimed, putting emphasis on my name. Rosalie's lips curled up in a delicate smirk. "Oh, hi Courtney."

"Hi Rosalie."

***

A blonde head turned in our direction, and I felt the air get sucked out of my lungs.

I thought Rosalie was attractive... you should see this guy.

He had short, messy blonde hair, and pale skin like his sister. He had a defined jawline that seemed to get sharper every step closer to him I took.

"That's Jasper."

***

One was a burly brunette, with yellow eyes and dark brown hair. He looked really scary to be honest, but when he smiled at me, his unusual eyes glittered with mischief. The other looked sort of like an angle that fell from heaven. He didn't have the same effect on me that Jasper did, but his pale skin still seemed to shine in the light. He had caramel colored hair, and yellow eyes as well. It must be pure chance that they all have such unusual eyes.

Alice pulled me down in the spot next to The big guy, I am assuming he is Emmett, and her. Jasper sat across the table next to Edward, who nodded at him with a look of pity.

"Hi." I waved timidly, I felt so small sitting here with all of these beautiful humans.

"Hey Court!" Emmett exclaimed, grinning ear to ear. "I have heard so much about you!"

***

It has been four months.

But it is still fresh.

Bella doesn't talk to me anymore... actually, she doesn't really talk to anyone anymore. I was like that, For about a week. Then, I could slowly feel the pit of sadness in my stomach transition into anger. I was mad. I don't know if I have ever been so mad before in my life. How could they? How could they just let me get attached to them, and then leave? Just like that? Jasper didn't even say goodbye. Will my last memory of him be standing out on that balcony?