62- If's and When's

"There's nothing like a mad woman... what a shame she went mad." 

-Taylor Swift, folklore

***

Clara likes Emmett... 

 *Dramatic sigh of disappointment*

Don't get me wrong, I love Emmett, he just may not be the... best, roll model. I know, I know, Clara is technically older than both of us, but she has one hundred percent never met anyone like Emmett before in her entire lifetime. They are in the corner now, Emmett showing the poor girl all of the ways hee scares me in everyday life. The younger girl giggles whenever my friend recounts the story of the time that I almost caught my hair on fire with a apple scented candle. I groaned, burying my face in my hair. 

 "You look like a tired mother." 

 I looked up, my body involuntarily jumping when I saw the bright red eyes of the man in front of me. He grinned, his shoulder-length, dirty blond hair tilting with his head. "Hello, Mrs. Hale, I'm Garrett." 

 "Huh?" Was the first thing that came from my mouth at the odd man in front of me. I cleared my throat, anxiously running my pale hand through my hair, coughing once and laughing nervously. "I mean, um, hi! I'm Courtney." 

 Garrett laughed, his eyes making him look a little more creepy than a good-natured man though. "Of course, I've heard all of the stories about you." 

 I cocked an eyebrow, "from who?" 

 "Emmett." 

 "Ugh," I rolled my eyes, knowing that the best thing Emmett would have said about me, would be something super sarcastic... or embarrassing. 

 Or both. 

 I realized I was being rude, and did my best to re-plaster a grin on my lips. "It's nice to meet you, Garrett." 

 "It's nice to meet you as well, Courtney." 

 "Court! Watch this." 

 I muttered an 'excuse me', to Garrett, and slowly began walking over to where Em has beckoned me. My dark-haired friend grinned at me, his features deceivingly normal. I raised my eyebow at Emmett, preparing myself for whatever he was preparing to scare me with. "I have some perfect ideas for what you can do next with your hair." 

 "My hair?" I repeated, subconsciously reaching my hand up to rake it through the annoyingly-soft mound of burnette waves on my head. I was surprised that my hair actually began to grow after I turned. I thought it was going to be one of those things that just... stops growing. Like the rest of me. 

 It's weird, not knowing if you are immortal or not. Carlisle is continueing to do blood tests and monitoring my heart rate and all of that jazz. He told me that it doesn't beat as fast as it used too, half as slow, but I am still a little concerned. I feel like I am now completely dedicated to the thought of my new life now. I said goodbye to Jessica, and Charlie, and I am planning on sending my mom a long-ass email. Maybe even Phil. I'll send him a slideshow that is just a mixtape of all of my best baseball moments, just to give him one last curt "bitch" before he never see's me again. 

 But I also might age. I might die eventually... and I'll admit, what I was completely confortable with before, scares me a little. 

 Carlisle says that he's not sure. He says that he thinks as my body adapts to the venom, it will sowly mix with the remaining blood, and my heart will stop. Like a regular vampire. It's funny, that a doctor telling me that my heart might eventually stop makes me relived.