26- Enchanted

"I was enchanted to meet you

"I was enchanted to meet you."

-Taylor Swift

***

"I still think you're stupid."

"I know."

"Why do we have motorcycles in the back?"

"We're fixing them."

"I have only rode a motorcycle once in my life."

Sadie's dyed head popped up from the backseat so she could put in her input. "I had a motorcycle until a few months ago when I crashed it and broke my leg."

Bella's lips tightened into a grim line of determination. "Good."

"Well, fuck you too, Bella."

I scoffed slightly, rolling my eyes. "So you think that if Sadie can't ride a motorcycle... you... Bella... the girl who once tripped over our cat and fell down the stairs, can?"

Bella rolled her eyes, tightening her grip on the steering wheel. "I think it's dangerous, and Jake is gonna help us fix it."

"Oh! I love him!"

"Jacob, little kid who is actually huge and intimidating?"

"That's him."

"Sweet." She whistled through her teeth as the woods around us thickened. "I love La Push. Gives a nice break from all the rainy depression of Forks."

I nodded in response, leaning against the window and watching the landscape pass-by.

***

"Bella! Courtney! Where the hell have you been?"

I laughed softly as Jacob's strong arms wrapped around my torso and lifted me up. Hey, maybe Jacob can make me actually laugh.

"You grew your hair out again!" He noticed, twirling a strand of my hair around his finger. I chuckled dryly, "Yeah, I wanted us to match."

"We are basically twins!"

He turned and caught sight of Sadie, who tripped as she struggled to exit the truck. "I don't know this one."

"Yo!" She held out her fist, and Jacob awkwardly bumped it with his own. "I'm Sadie. The female best friend."

"I like your hair too, jeez, Bella do something interesting!"

Bella chuckled, a sound I haven't heard in what felt like years. "Sorry for being boring Bella."

"She is so boring." Jacob whispered, and we both shared amused looks. Jacob had grown again, at least a foot, and was now definitely taller then Ja-