36- Never

"I'm naturally funny because my life is a joke."

-Someone from Tumblr, probably

***

Going to Florida while knowing my best friend could potentially be an evil vampire who is killing a bunch of people in Seattle is not exactly what I want to do... and going with Edward and Bella would already be hell, add that to the fact that my mom legit doesn't believe that I have a boyfriend... I'm lucky that Rose made a call and didn't let me bring my knife, because I would have stabbed someone with it by now.

"Look." I pulled up a picture of Jasper, Alice and I that we took after prom last year. "See? That's Jasper."

"Who's the other girl?" My mom asked, pointing to Alice with her freshly manicured hand. "The short, pretty one."

"The only other girl..." I mumbled under my breath, before clearing my throat and speaking up. "That's Alice Cullen, Edwards, um, sister."

"And who is Jasper?"

"Wha-" I began, but closed my mouth and took a deep breath when Bella flashed me a warning look. "Jasper Hale. Edwards adopted brother, my boyfriend."

"Are you getting sunburned?" Reneé asked, lightly touching my cheek. "You look a little red."

"I don't know." I muttered, picturing Alice's face when she told me to go to Florida and relax. "It's better than Forks."

"Are you going to Alaska too? For university?"

"Actually-" I made eye-contact with Edward behind my mom's back. "I was thinking of maybe going to New York, or Michigan-"

"See, Bella? Courtney doesn't have to go to Alaska! Now tell me a little bit about Jasper."

Progress.

"Like, what university does he go too?"

"Oh, uh-" SOS! I yelled in my mind, hoping that Edward would save me from this. I don't freaking know, he probably went to some university in Texas in the 1800's or something! I could say Harvard and make mom cry with happiness, but then she'd want proof which I don't have.

"Jasper is actually taking a year off before going to university." Edward jumped in, smiling in that charming way Edward's do. "He is hoping to get into Dartmouth next year."

Dartmouth? I thought, giving Edward an amused look when my mom wasn't looking. We both know Jazz isn't smart enough for that.

"Well isn't that lovely? You girls sure know how to pick them!"

"Maybe we get it from you." I muttered sarcastically, but mom just grinned. It dawned on me that this would be the last time Bella ever saw her before she was turned... I don't understand why my sister can't just have a little patience and actually do something with her life before it slips away...

"Oh, this is nice. Hanging out with my girls! You should soak up as much sun as possible before you have to go home."

"Yeah-" I leaned back in my chair, smiling to myself. "We should."

"And girls-"

"Yeah?"

"I love you both so much."

Bella and I shared a look, only then did I notice the tears brimming beneath her sunglasses. She didn't want to say goodbye... and neither did I.

"I love you too, mom."