10- Don't Lie to Me

"Never lie to someone that trusts you. Never trust someone that lies to you."

-Unknown

***

It was the next day that Bella voiced her concerns to me.

And for once, I had the same ones.

"Hey, C." Bella began cautiously, choosing the time I was brushing my teeth to talk to me. That was smart. I grunted in response, trying to multi task as I combed my hair and brushed my teeth.

"Wasn't Edward standing with you? You know, when the accident happened?" She asked, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger. I nodded, rinsing out my mouth in the sink. "Yeah, and then I saw him by the cars." I answered, tearing a comb through my hair, and effectively breaking it. I winced, tossing it into the trash.

"Yeah!" Her face brightened, "how did he get there so fast?"

I pictured the scene in my mind. We walked out of the school, and were talking by Edward's Volvo, which was across the lot from Bella and the truck. If he were to get there in time to do.... I don't even know, something about the car not hitting Bella. It would be impossible for him to hold the van back. But at the same time... it looked like he did.

"I think he held the van back." I admitted, throwing my hair into a ponytail. "It doesn't make any sense, but somehow, he got over there. I might be crazy, but I saw Edward crawl out from between the cars." I frowned, tugging my hoodie over my head. "I just have no idea how he did it... and why everything is suddenly so weird."

***

Stupid field trip is today,

Stupid stupid stupid stupid.

"Why do we have to go on this dumb trip anyway?" I demanded, clutching the wheel of the truck tightly.

"To help us get somewhere in life." Was Bella's bland reply as she filed her nails beside me. "Awe that's bullshit." I defended. "I was told the point of school is to get us somewhere in life, not field trips."

Bella scoffed, "I know, you have voiced your opinion many times before."

I pulled up at the school, sighing as the car skidded to a stop, the buses already parked and loading students in. "It's cool with you that I sit with Jasper and Alice?" I clarified with my twin, who suddenly looked very apprehensive. "Yes." She answered, biting her lip as she crawled out of the truck. I followed her lead, glancing over my shoulder every other step. I felt the strong feeling that someone was watching me.

"Hey cutie." I greeted as I walked up to the Cullen's, who looked immersed in conversation. Emmett's signature bright grin was automatically painted on his face. "Which one of us were you talking about?" He teased, copying Rosalie by cocking his hip. She smacked his arm while I chuckled.

"That is for me to know, and you to find out." I winked, drifting to my spot in between Jasper and Alice. Rosalie cocked an eyebrow. "Oh I think we all know who you're talking about." She began, making a point to stare at Jasper. I blushed immediately, throwing a pencil at her.

"Where did you get that?"

"I have my ways."

Alice giggled from behind me, standing on her toes to pat my head. "It's okay, Cordie. They are mean to me too."

"I second that!" Jasper added, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as I leaned my head on his. It had become a default position for us. I barely remember anything that happened the other night. All I remember is something about Jasper that was even more appealing then before. I just constantly want to touch him.