51- Anything Is Possible

"I'm helpless, oh look at those eyes! I look into your eyes and the sky's the limit"

-Phillipa Soo, Hamilton

***

Let's talk about love.

A year ago, if you told me I would be marrying the love of my life at eighteen, I would have laughed. I would have never believed that I would find someone to love forever, because I didn't believe in those words. Love, forever, they're too big, they're too intimidating. But then I realized, that I am Courtney Ivory Swan, I am the girl who jumped off a cliff to help her sister, I am the girl who stabbed myself in the stomach so the people I love wouldn't get hurt. I am the one who stood up to a bully at school, the one who ended up being on of the people I love.  I am the girl who tackled an immortal vampire, the girl who pulled a knife on a bunch of drunk men. I am the intimidating one. I am the one who does crazy, stupid things to protect the people I love. Being intimidating for me, comes with the love. Love and forever. The words that aren't defined, unless by yourself. For me, what would love be? Family. What would forever be? Family. Because family are people you love forever. 

Let's talk about infatuation.

 When I first moved here, that is what I thought I felt. I thought I was infatuated by golden eyes, honey blond hair and an accent that can make my knee's tremble and fail. I thought I loved the idea of someone to be with... so I made it my goal to make Jasper Hale laugh. It took a while, sure, but there it is again... perseverance ties in with love, because you can't just fall in love. It is hard, but I think that is when I fell in love. When I was crying in my bathroom, and he helped me, when they left, and I needed them back, so I forgot how to hold a grudge. I thought I was infatuated by the golden eyes and musical voices... but I think deep down, I fell in love with the fairy-like movements, the art classes, the English joking, the debates at lunch, it all. I thought it was infatuation... but it wasn't. It was love, a word that isn't able to be defined, because everyone thinks of love as different things. I think of mine as the family that has been with me since the very beginning of my forever. 

"Okay, close your eyes." 

 I obliged, gently shutting my eyelid, and feeling Alice sweep the brush over them. Rosalie, Jessica, and Angela were in the corner of the room, eating a bag of skittles and talking about different cake flavors, while I was assaulted by Alice Cullen. 

"Almost done, I promise." She handed me something to paint on my lips. "You're really quiet, are you okay?" 

 "I'm just nervous." I admitted, tapping my foot on the ground. My body was wrapped in a beyond comfortable, silk robe that Alice had somehow provided. I wanted to chew on my nails, but I was a little bit worried about being slapped.