Midnight Sun One Shot #2

"Courtney is the bravest human I have ever met... scratch that, bravest thing I have ever met." 

-Rosalie Hale 

****

(A/N: I'M SO SO SORRY BUT I ABSOLUTELY HAD TOO DON'T HATE ME) 

Intrepid. 

 That would be my response for describing Courtney Swan in one word. Emmett may say, relatable... Rosalie may utter something along the lines of plucky. As for Alice. I am sure she would call her new best friend generous. Jasper thinks only one word. 

 Perfect. 

 Yes, perfection may be ludicrous when describing a human... actually, it would be the wrong choice for describing any species. As close as we are, even vampires are not perfect. No, far from it actually... living in fear of what you are capable of quenches your chances with perfection. Blood-lust is something we possess, that humans do not have to worry about. 

 I'll admit, the girl may be close. 

 She is radiant. She seems to glow all of the time. I've seen her angry, I've seen the glint her her eye that reminds me of steel. Her inner commentary is almost as amusing as her external opinion. I feel intrusive listening to her thoughts, even if it is against my own will. I guess I simply can't help myself... Bella Swan's mind is a gaping hole, but Courtney's seems to be filled enough for both of them. 

 Being around Bella Swan could be excruciatingly painful. 

 It seems being around her sister eases that pain... slightly. 

 I didn't need to see into Bella's mind to know that she was on something of rocky grounds with her sister. I tried to ask her about it, to gain insight in that dreaded biology classroom, but I didn't get anything more than a "my twin sister, Courtney." 

 Courtney could go on about Bella in her mind for hours. It fascinates me how vivid her thoughts are. I knew that they were close, I knew that Bella kind of turned a shoulder as they moved... too much change is what Courtney thought, but always after she thinks that, she laughs and mutters a very creative curse word in courtesy of her twin. I always feel strangely protective of the older Swan sister, but I knew the rest of my family developed a firm liking on the younger girl. 

 Carlisle and Esme included. I remember when I first came home from Alaska... a few days later the Swan girl was at our house. I heard her singing the songs to musicals in Alice's room with Emmett... neither of them possessed a firm musical talent, but they were laughing so hard it barely mattered. 

 'Edward.' 

 My head turned, to see my father staring back at me. Carlisle's eyes were glittering, and I knew immediately that he liked the girl as well. 'Jasper is doing well.

 "I know." I spoke aloud, and as if to prove my point, I heard Courtney call him "Texas," and Jasper laugh and retort in an accent heavier than his was. "He's stronger than we give him credit for." 

 Carlisle smiled, patting my shoulder, he didn't speak out loud, probably because he didn't want Jasper to tune in on what he was saying.