56- Unity

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire."

-Unknown

***

None of us moved for a few seconds, we all just stared at the other side of the room, no one knowing exactly what to do. Bella stood in front of us, Edward slightly behind her, holding a baby girl that looked as if she had to be at least three years old in his arms. My eyebrows furrowed, was that Renesmee? 

 Ugh, even thinking the name makes me mad. 

 "Get out." Jasper's voice was blunt, but dangerous, and for once, Paul and Embry agreed with him, as they both growled and crossed their arms. 

 "Jasper-" Edward tried, but was cut off. 

 "No! Get out now!" 

 "It's our home too!" Edward snapped, not looking as intimidating as he probably wanted to with the baby girl in his arms. She outstretched her small, chubby hands in my direction, but I felt as if it would ruin the mood if I picked her up. 

 "Not anymore." My husband counteracted, his tone final, and the two aggressive werewolves behind him looking like hey were seconds away from shifting and killing someone. I sighed deeply, this was my family, all put at odds like we are on some sort of battlefield. 

 "Courtney-" Bella began, but her voice was drowned out by Paul's. 

"You did this to her!" He yelled, taking a step forward and gesturing toward my ripped up clothing, bloody face, and bright red eyes. "Now, I am usually a pretty good gentleman, but get outta my way, I'm ripping this chicks head off!" 

 "Back off, mutt." Edward snarled, and Bella stepped forward, "Edward-" 

 "If you don't do something, I'm gonna cry, and you do not want to see me cry!" Embry quipped, jabbing his finger at Paul. 

 "Fine," Bella crossed her arms, stepping in front of Edward. She was as pale as snow, with glittering red eyes and shiny teeth that looked like she could rip a mans head off with. Different, Bella was different, not at all looking like a girl who had just had her stomach cut open by a dull pocket-knife. "And I am only saying this because it is the truth.... I'd like to see you try." 

 "You wanna go, princess?" Paul demanded, but I cut him off by rolling my eyes and raising my voice. 

 "Enough!" 

 As soon as the word left my lips, a sharp pain shot through my forehead, traveling to the back of my eyes. I cried out, doubling over, squeezing them shut and waiting for the pain to pass, which was within a few seconds. I stood back up, a cautious Jasper the first person I saw. 

 His eyes widened, and his lips parted, but it was nothing too extreme, so I could imagine I didn't just have vampire plastic-surgery or something.  "What?" 

 "Your eyes-" 

 "They're yellow!" Embry piped up, obviously feeling left out of the conversation, "they look like gold!" 

 "Huh," Bella marveled, taking a small step forward, earning a glare from Jasper that rooted her to the ground. The tension in the room was suffocating, so I groaned and walked toward Edward, shrugging Jasper's arm off when he tried to grab my arm. 

 "The tension is too much, let me at least meet my niece." 

Edward passed her into my arms without any hesitation, and I grinned at the little girl. She was beautiful, with long, dark hair that she must have gotten from Bella, but with big, golden eyes that confused me slightly, and pale skin. She had Bella's features, but somehow struck me as looking more like Edward.  

  "Hi Renesmee." I cooed, bouncing her in my arms and smiling when she grinned, "I'm Aunt Courtney, and still think that I can be the most human in this house," I smiled, curtly aware of everyone staring at me. "You're already more attractive than me, which is kinda annoying."

 I turned to Bella, grinning a my sister, despite the previous conversation, "cute kid, dumb name." 

 "Hey, don't judge my names." She smiled, walking over and running her hands through her daughters hair, "mom was gonna name you Debra." 

 "And if so, I would have killed myself." I smiled, reaching over to give Bella a one-armed hug. "I don't blame you, Bells. I just hope you can know that." 

 It was weird seeing Bella's face not change, her cheeks didn't redden, her eyes didn't glisten, but she was still beautiful. "I love you, lil' sis." 

 I chuckled, lightly tapping her cold cheek. "I love you too, big sis." 

 Suddenly, Renesmee raised her small hand up to touch my cheek, and I gasped as images flew through my head. First it was voice, otherwise blackness. 

 "So please don't like, bite me." 

 And then it was an image of my face, when I was human, with blood streaking my face, and tears flowing down my cheeks. I could see the blood on my arms, and my messy, tangled hair. I then saw a blur, and then I was jerked back to reality when I accidentally threw my head back. 

 "What the heck was that?" I demanded, handing Bella her child back, and stepping backwards into Jasper's stiff arms. "I... I just saw-" 

 "Her first memories of you." Edward explained, still looking slightly miffed, probably at thoughts circulating around the room. Sadie and Bella appeared at the top of the stairs, although Rose, Carlisle, and Esme were nowhere to be seen. "She can show what's in her head."  

 "Oh." I didn't know what to say, rocking on my feet. "That's... neat." 

 "It's her gift." Bella explained, and Jasper cleared his throat sharply, making me turn to I can gaze into his eyes, placing a hand on his bicep. 

 "Hey, it's okay," I spoke softly, smiling softly when one of his hands ran softly through my hair. "I'm okay, it's okay." 

 I turned my head so I could glance at Bella. "Let's tell her about me." 

 A/N: Yes, I know, this is short, and is probably my least favorite chapter I have ever written, but we are not focusing on that, because I have some incredibly good news.

 We have reached 100k reads. 

 Forgive me while I scream for 1833829000 years. That is crazy, thank you guys so much!! I can't believe how far this story has come, and having 100,000 (that's one hundred thousand!!!!) people read my story is incredible! I love each and every one of you!

 More good news: My Bellamy Blake story is posted, and I don't know how it will go, so please go read, vote, and comment for me!!! 

 Lots of love, 

 Jess