61- Little Things

AUBREY ANDERSON EMMONS AS CLARA

"Americans are screwed up."

***

"I'd rather pretend I'm something better then these broken parts, pretend I'm something other then this mess that I am. 'Cause then I don't have to look at it, and no one gets to look at it." 

-Ben Platt, Dear Evan Hansen

***

Germany is somewhere I never thought I would go. Especially on a hunt for some sort of young vampire girl. The sun was high in the sky, so Jasper and I hid out in a hotel room. 

 It was honestly kind of hilarious to watch him walk passed a window, because he was looking for his short, looking like the scarred, sexy vampire that he is, and then he just started sparkling, and I honestly lost my shit. 

 "You're lucky!" He defended, his eyes glowing almost as bright as his skin. He tugged a long-sleeved shirt over his torso, reaching over to pull the blinds of our hotel-room window shut. "You got to skip the stupid sparkling thing." 

 "I emit a light glow," I teased, walking over so I could gently press a kiss to his lips, savoring my peace. "At least I don't look like a sparkler though." 

 "And... you ruined it," he pulled away, a smirk tugging at his lips. I grinned, finding it hard to believe that this is where Jasper and I were now. "The clouds will be out soon, we have to go find Clara."

 "Clara," I repeated, rolling the r, "how old is she... well, you know." 

 "Technically, she is only fourteen.... she is also almost a hundred." 

 If I was drinking something, I would have spit it out. A hundred? Years old? My feeble mind can't even comprehend that! "How did she turn?" 

 Jasper tossed me a long, dark coat, which I shrugged on as he answered. "She was turned when she was visiting America, from her hometown... somewhere in Asia." He furrowed his eyebrows as I let my hair down, tying the straps of the coat tight around my waist. "She came home, fearing herself, and was immediately noticed, and forced to flee before the Volturi could get involved. She fled here, and I guess she just laid low... well, as low as an immortal vampire teenager could be." 

 "Her name is Clara..." 

 "Alliana... she doesn't have a last name that I know of." 

 "Cool, " I muttered, glancing out of the window, seeing the grey clouds slowly consume the remaining sunlight. "Cool, cool, cool."