29

3 years later, February,

Suho replies to the texts from his clients as he sits at the balcony, enjoying the winter night. Suho turns to the back when someone calls him. It's his mother. "You're not sleeping yet?" Mrs Kim asks. Suho shakes his head and checks his phone again.

"Why, mom? You should go to bed. Dad will be panic if his wife is not with him" Suho says with a smile. Yoona texts him his schedule for the whole month. Suho replies with a thank you and keeps his phone in his sweater's pocket. He turns to look at Mrs Kim. The old woman looks worried.

"I feel worried about your wife. Are both of you okay?"

Suho frowns. What's with the sudden question? He looks out to the busy night road of Seoul. "We're okay, mom" he says without looking at his mom.

"Is she sterile? Don't you think of having another child?" Mrs Kim asks directly. Suho is taken aback at his mom's words. How on Earth can his mom doubting about his wife's health? Suho glares at Mrs Kim. "She's fine, mom. I ask her to take the pills. I'm not ready yet to have another child" Suho says in a firm tone. Mrs Kim sighs.

"I understand that. But, we grandparents are not aging backwards. We want another grandchild. You know, if she's sterile, you can marry another.."

"MOM!" Suho shouts. He can't believe his mom can have a thought on letting him marry another woman. Mrs Kim sighs, she crosses the line. She looks at her son. "Think of my words, son" she says before leaving the room. Suho sighs and curses himself. He realizes that Chorong is still in her closet. What is she doing inside there for too long? Did she.. by any chance, heard the unintentional conversation of him and Mrs Kim just now? Suho walks into Chorong's walk in closet and sees his wife crying quietly.

Suho quickly hugs Chorong, trying to calm her down. He kisses her forehead, asking her to stop crying. Chorong looks up, staring into Suho's eyes. "Mom's right. Maybe I'm sterile" Chorong says before looking down. Suho caresses her hair and cheeks.

"No, sweetheart. I ask you to take pills, remember?"

"But.. I haven't take it since 3 months ago, Suho" Chorong says. Anything can happen. She's probably sterile. After all, it has been 3 years. The contract Hyorin made with her is just waiting its time to end. Suho caresses Chorong's cheeks and kisses her lips softly. Chorong replies to the kiss back.

Suho lifts Chorong up, carrying her bridal style and walks out from the closet. He puts her carefully on the bed without breaking the kiss. Chorong breaks the kiss because of the lack of oxygen. She looks at Suho who is smiling. He lies down beside her. He kisses her forehead again. "Trust me, okay?" He says.

Chorong nods her head as she hug Suho. She snuggles closer and looks at him. They kiss each other softly before pulling away. Suho looks at Chorong with infinity love in his eyes.

"I love you, baby"

"I love you too, Suho"

Chorong closes her eyes, trying to sleep. She needs to put this uneasy feeling away. She did all of this because of Suho. Because of Haneul. For the sake of their marriage.

I love you too, Suho..

But..

The time hates me so much. I have to leave you

I'm sorry, Suho. I'm really sorry.

******

Chorong looks for the groceries she needs to buy. The big mansion is running out of food stocks. Haneul is so active lately, so she needs to make sure he eats on time. With Suho being extra busy, she needs to make sure he eats more so that he has full energy to work. Chorong stops when she sees someone familiar.