40

Hyorin's POV

I try to unlock the door of my room. Father locks me for almost 2 weeks inside here without giving me a proper meal. All I get was bread, apple and plain water. Well, I manage to get bubble tea twice. His men bought it for me. I twist the door knob vigorously.

"Open the door, will you?!"

I shout in frustration before giving up, leaning against the door. I look around. My room is a total mess. Father cuffs both my hands except for when it's time for me to eat. What have I done that make me suffer like this? What have I done? I walk to my closet and hit the handcuffs at the closet door. I flinch in pain. My phone rings. Trembling, I click on the speaker carefully.

"Nuguseyo?"

"Hyorin ah, are you there?"

"Joohyuk! Are you safe? They did nothing to you right?" I ask with concern. Joohyuk was sent to the hospital last week because someone hit him with his car. And, I'm sure that dirty work was done by father. I hear Joohyuk coughs on the line.

"It's okay. I fractured my arm but they cemented it, so don't worry okay? How about you, Hyorin ah?"

I bite my lower lip, feeling sad. He asks me to not worry about him even after all those things happened to him? Why am I always surrounded with such good guys? "I'm sorry, Joohyuk ah" I say, trying to hold my tears.

"Why are you saying sorry, dear? It's not your fault"

I feel a great pang inside my heart. If only I can tell Joohyuk what's going on. Yes, he knows nothing. I never tell him about whatever my father did in the past and my past when he confessed 2 years ago. "I'm sorry, Joohyuk ah. I'm really sorry, I love you" I end the call.

I look down and my tears fall rapidly. It's too painful. What have I done that make me to survive in this unlucky life? I shouldn't go to The States just to get a treatment for my cancer. I shouldn't be healed. I should have die. Joohyuk will surely hate me once he knows about my dark past. Junmyeon broke up with me and now father is trying to kill him. My fingers ball into fists. I need mother, I need mother right now.

Suddenly, the door unlocks. I remain silent as I hear footsteps. I look up and see father looking at me, angrily. "What are you doing here?" I ask him sternly. Father smirks.

"Follow me. You'll get to see the fun"

"What fun? Last time, I learned the word fun means sex to you. Don't tell me you're selling me to another guy again"

Father unlocks the cuffs and throws it away. Okay, that's terrifying. I look at him. "No, dear. You're my daughter. Come, follow me"

"I don't want. How can you call me your daughter after selling me to some random sex craved maniac?" I throw tantrums right at the moment. Father looks up, watching me furiously. I sigh, giving up. We both walk out from the house.

*****

The car stops in front of an abandoned old mansion. I look around, father is checking something in his car. I widen my eyes as I see what he's holding. A gun. A well looking gun. As if the imported one. I gulp down, feeling angry.

"Where did you get that?" I point at the gun with disgust. Father chuckles.

"This. From a friend in London"

"What are you going to do with that?" I ask sternly. Father chuckles and pats my head fatherly.

"It won't be fun then" he smirks and walks into the house. I roll my eyes as his men force me to walk faster. We enter the house. Nothing's here. Well, abandoned means nothing. But, this old fraud in front of me is planning something. I look at him talking though the intercom. "Bring them in"