Double Date (oneshot) [RenDoc / Bdubs x Keralis]

I felt like I needed to write more RenDoc fluff but I have no idea how I was going to execute it.... sooo enjoy? This takes place before Doc and Bdubs made up about the goat mountain... I think this is sorta angst but mostly fluff. I decided to write a sorta double date...

Ren was on his way over to Doc's half house to meet up with him for their double date with Keralis and Bdubs.
Ren knew that Doc and Bdubs weren't on the best of terms, so he though and planned with Keralis a double date to try and help the two get along.
Ren arrived at the half house, only to find that Doc was no where near ready to leave.
"Doc we are supposed to be leaving for the double date in 15 minutes why are you not ready? At least put on some more casual cloths such as a shirt, and brush through your hair please. I don't want to be late." Ren said slightly annoyed that his boyfriend was not ready.
"Alright, why do we have to go on this double date anyway?" Doc said with a slight annoyance in his tone.
"Because it will be fun!" Ren said happily.
"Fine, I'll go get ready if it makes you happy." Doc said defeated.

Time skip (brought to you by the derpy cover up of mount Goatmore.)

Ren and Doc arrived at Bdubs new base in a plains biome, admiring the amount of detail of each building. And they heard Bdubs talking inside to Keralis, he wasn't yelling he just talks very loudly.
"What if he decides to be hostile and we get into a fight... this is a bad idea all in its self." The builder said nervously.
"Don't worry Bubbles, he is here with Ren he won't do anything to you. I'll make sure of it." Keralis responded.
Ren and Doc Rang the door bell, and Keralis answered.
"Hello there. Glad you could join us right this way." Keralis said smiling widely as usual, while leading the two to where Bdubs was.
"Your welcome..." Doc grumbled sarcastically under his breath.
"Doc would you stop being salty for tonight please!? This is for the better it's about time the two of you made up! Alright I don't like seeing you like this it's not really fun for Keralis and I." Ren said annoyed by his boyfriend.
"Hey... how are you two doing?" Bdubs asked nervously.
Doc opened his mouth to speak but Ren cut him off.
"We're doing great. Thanks, what about you guys?" Ren said happily.
"Good, Good. We've both been busy with our bases." Bdubs responded.
"Well anyways let's get started shall we, with this hangout double date thing." Keralis exclaimed.

bdubs started the grill and let it heat up for a few minutes. And Ren and Keralis were chatting about who knows what, while Doc just kinda stood there trying to avoid Bdubs.
"Hey uhh Doc... can I talk to you?" Bdubs asked nervously.
"Sure." Doc answered trying to not sound annoyed.
"Well I - I've been thinking, and I'm truly sorry about blowing up mount Goatmore... and it's been eating at me not being your friend. You and I we have a history together with the nHo back in season 5. Is there anyway I could make it up to you... I could help rebuild it if you would like." Bdubs said sincerely avoiding eye contact with the creeper cyborg.
"Thanks for apologizing. You are forgiven. I would love help rebuilding it, I'm glad this whole feud thing can be done with." Doc said in a sorryfull tone.
Ren and Keralis gave an audible yes, while Bdubs and Doc looked at them questionly.
"Uhh what. You two set us up knowing we've been avoiding each other!" Both Doc and Bdubs yelled.
"Well sorta... we know that you two are soft when around us..." Ren started.
"And I knew Bubbles felt guilty and would apologize to Doc if he was in his presence long enough... so Ren and I set up this double date hang out thing." Keralis finished.
Bdubs laughed manically, after opening the grill.
"Hey man, are you ok?" Ren asked a bit concerned.
"Yeah, yeah everything's fine but I totally didn't burn the steaks... we were going to eat." Bdubs said still laughing.
"It's fine bubbles. I have a better idea though, why don't the four of us try to bake a cake together. It could be fun." Keralis said happily.
"That sounds like a great idea." Ren and Bdubs said. Doc looked nervous.
"Uhhh I don't think that's a good idea..." Doc said quietly.
"And why might that be?" The other three asked.
"Well you see I kinda have bad luck when I cook anything really... I have a tendency to set the kitchen on fire... every time I attempt to cook..." Doc said nervously.
"How on earth do you manage that? And is that why you've never cooked for me?" Ren asked.
"If I'm gonna be honest I don't know how I manage to set the kitchen on fire every time, but yes it's why I've never cooked for you." The creeper cyborg said looking away.
"We can still bake the cake don't worry we'll help you. And if you some how manage to set the kitchen on fire, it'll be fine." Bdubs told doc reassuringly.

Time skip (brought to you by Keralis giving everyone nicknames.)

The four started making the batter and were goofing around. They poured the batter into a pan, and placed it in the oven. They started cleaning up so that they would have room to decorate the cake. As they were doing that Ren was licking the batter bowl and mixing spoon like a child, Keralis and Bdubs were washing the dishes, and Doc was gathering things to decorate the cake with.

They pulled the cake out of the oven to let it cook off before decorating, and they had Doc make the frosting.
After pouring all the ingredients into the mixer to mix up the frosting it spontaneously combusted.
"For fucks sake not again! I swear I'm cursed!Every time! Why!? Why me!" Doc yelled.
The other gasped in shock and in amusement at the fact that the creeper cyborg managed to set a bunch of sugar and butter on fire out of no where.
"Well then... guess you could say that, that frosting is the bomb..." Bdubs chuckled.
"But seriously we should do something about that shouldn't we?" Bdubs added.
"Yep" Ren responded.
The four of them worked to put out the fire that Doc some how managed to start.
And they decided that Bdubs would make the frosting...

Bye the time they were done making the cake it looked like a rainbow sprinklely mess. There was some frosting lest and they were just goofing off.
"Hey you got something on your nose" Doc said while booping Rens nose with a dab of frosting.
"Let me get that for you." He said while leaning down to kiss the frosting off Rens nose.
And keralis got a great idea. He grabbed a whole bunch of frosting and slapped it onto Bdubs lips.
"Oh clumsy me, let me fix that for you." Keralis said before kissing Bdubs.
" wow. That was ballsy, wasn't it." Ren said slightly chuckling.
Bdubs was bright red.

They tried the cake, and enjoyed the rest of the evening together before splitting ways.
"See I told you it was going to be fun. And you made up with Bdubs." Ren said while curling up into the creeper cyborg.
"Yeah I guess so. Just wish I didn't ya know set fire to Bdubs kitchen..." Doc said in his happy sarcastic tone.

About 1,300 words.
________________________________

Yeah if I'm going to be honest I had no idea where I was going to go with this. I like how it turned out though.

But for now, Keep swimming my little fishies!
Best regards,
SharkBait.