Chapter 16: A Chance

Chapter 16:

Kei was disappointed that Mizuki couldn't go to the bookstore with him but that was nothing compared to the irritation he felt knowing that she was on a date with Kageyama right at this very moment. He understood that Mizuki could do whatever she wanted but it still made him feel agitated. He insisted that he wasn't angry when she called earlier and that was only half true.

"Tsukishima, what are you doing here?!" A deafening screech interrupted his thoughts. He turned around to see Rina heatedly stomping towards him as Mina trailed behind her.

"Suzuki-san, I know you aren't very smart but you must know what a bookstore is, at least." Kei sneered, causing her to rage even more.

"I'm seriously going to beat-" Before Rina could finish what she was about to say, Mina moved in between the two of them to prevent further snide comments and potential physical injuries.

"Stop it, you two. You're both so immature," Mina sighed defeatedly, "What Rina means to say is, do you know about Kageyama and Mizuki?"

"Yeah," Kei rolled his eyes, returning the book that he was browsing on the shelf, "They're on some dumb date right now."

"Do you know where they are?" Mina inquired slowly.

"No..." He answered unenthusiastically, "I just know they're going to eat and watch a movie."

"Alright then..." Mina smiled, relieved that he didn't know that Kageyama and Mizuki were mere meters away from them.

"Sorry to bother you!" She smiled as innocently as she could, "We'll see you at school."

Kei nodded slowly before returning to browse for the book he wanted to buy. He also wore his headphones. Mina yanked her twin out of the store against her wishes.

"What are you doing? Tsukishima could see them eating-" Rina argued but was interrupted by Mina.

"Look!" She pointed to Kageyama and Mizuki, where it seemed like they were preparing to leave the restaurant, "They're probably going to the movie theatre now. Tsukishima won't see them as long as he stays in there for a couple more minutes."

The two watched from afar as Rina noticed how much fun Kageyama and Mizuki seemed to be having. She looked down in frustration, silently wishing that it was her that was on a date with him right now.

"They just left the restaurant," Mina sighed in relief, "They turned left, so they're probably going to the theatre now."

"Great..." Rina mumbled miserably.

"Why aren't you telling Mizuki about how you feel about Kageyama again?" Mina grimaced as the two walked towards the mall exit.

"Because it's just a crush. It'll go away." Her eyebrows furrowed in determination, "I'll make it go away."

Mina took out her phone to call their driver as Rina continued with her excuse as to why she wouldn't tell their friend the truth.

"Plus, Mizuki would feel terrible that she agreed to go on the date knowing that I like him..." Rina bit her lip, "I don't want her to feel sad anymore. She's gone through a lot this past year."

"Fine," Mina exhaled, "Let's hope that your little crush for Kageyama goes away then."

Rina hoped so too. For her sake.

~

Mizuki and Kageyama walked swiftly to the movie theatre. They lost track of time because they were too engaged in their conversation. Kageyama didn't mind though - he shuddered at the thought of having to watch a horror film.