Chapter 47: Chaos

A/N: Warning! From this chapter on, there will be HAIKYUU MANGA SPOILERS.

Chapter 47:

January 6th, Day 2 of Spring Interhigh

The Karasuno boys were anxiously waiting for their warm ups to begin. They were going to be playing a match against Inarizaki High, a crowd favorite to win. Their game was about to start in half an hour, and everyone was extremely nervous. Mizuki was dragged by Rina and Mina to the gym where teams from all over Japan were currently relaxing or preparing for their matches.

"What if Kei sees me?" Mizuki mumbled in a hushed tone.

"Isn't that the point?" Rina raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Well... I don't want him to be distracted..." She answered timidly, "He should be focused on his upcoming matches..."

Suddenly, a noise boomed from across the room.

"TOMA-CHAN!!!" Bokuto frantically waved at her.

He sprinted over to her, followed by Akaashi, and twirled her around gleefully.

"Hi Bokuto-san," She squeaked, "Hi Akaashi-san."

"We thought you were in Miyagi," Akaashi smiled warmly, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I-" She began, only to be interrupted by Bokuto.

"Tsukishima said that you were upset with him," He grimaced protectively, "Did he do something to you? Do I need to do something to him?"

"No, no..." She insisted quietly, "It's nothing like that. He... um..."

"Bokuto-san, don't force her if she doesn't want to talk about it," Akaashi warned, turning to face her, "I hope you and Tsukishima work it out."

"Thank you, Akaashi-san," Mizuki mumbled faintly, "Congrats on making it to day 2 of the tournament."

"Of course!" Bokuto guffawed confidently, "We're in it to win it! I hope we get to face the Karasuno boys in the finals!"

"That would be a legendary game." Rina added in passionately.

After saying their goodbyes to Bokuto and Akaashi, Mizuki and her friends made their way to the main arena. Mizuki excused herself so that she could go to the restroom before the game began against Inarizaki.

Meanwhile, Kei's heart skipped a beat as he swore he had just seen his girlfriend. Could his mind be playing tricks on him? Did he miss her that much that he was hallucinating things that weren't actually there? She was back in Miyagi, right? Then, suddenly, his legs began moving on their own, to catch up with the person who seemed to be Mizuki. As soon as he was behind her, he reached out and squeezed her shoulder.

Please be her.

Mizuki spun around, her eyes widening at her and Kei's abrupt reunion. He had a somber expression, suggesting that maybe, just maybe, he was having a harder time dealing with their situation more than she was. It was like time froze, and every unsettling thought in her mind exploded. She thought seeing him would be fine, and she could tell him that she loved him but... it wasn't.

Hayashi had her arms intimately wrapped around Kei as she held him close. It was Kei and Hayashi... kissing. It hurts... It hurts, so much. Make it go away. Please...

"Mizuki..." He mumbled tenderly, "You're here..."

She inhaled sharply, fighting the tears that were about to form from her eyes, "I..."