Chapter 46: Spring Interhigh

Chapter 46:

January 5th, Day 1 of Spring Interhigh

Rina and Mina were checking into their hotel room in Tokyo, which happened to be conveniently located right beside the Jaybird Inn, where the boys were going to be staying for the rest of the week. The second the boys won the October qualifiers, the twins had their father buy them tickets (and gym access) to nationals. They wanted to be there to support their friends, and maybe even reunite with their other Tokyo friends.

"Hello," Mina greeted the receptionist, "Suzuki Mina checking in for the Penthouse Suite."

The receptionist typed a few things on the computer and said, "Of course, thank you Suzuki-san. Your room will be ready in just a few minutes."

"Thank you..."

Rina sighed disappointedly, wishing that Mizuki had gone with them to Tokyo just like she was supposed to. While Rina understood her friend's wishes, she knew that deep down, it would be too painful for both Mizuki and Kei to be in each other's presence right now.

"You okay?" Mina nudged her twin affectionately.

"Yeah..." Rina nodded slowly, "I just wish Mizuki was here too."

"Me too," Her sister responded softly, "Do you think that Tsukishima really... kissed Hayashi?"

"No way," Rina muttered instantly, "Tsukishima would never do that to Mizuki. Hayashi is the one to blame."

"I wonder what Hayashi had to gain from kissing him." Mina mumbled as she shook her head.

"Who cares?!" Rina exclaimed exasperatedly, "She probably did it out of spite, or jealousy, because who in their right mind would go after someone who's already in an obviously loving, committed relationship?!"

A few inquisitive heads turned their way, causing Mina to hush her twin.

"Excuse me, Suzuki-san," The receptionist chimed in, "Your room is ready."

After the twins dropped off their things at their room, they headed to the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, where the tournament was going to take place. Because of the twins' father and his connections, they had access to the gymnasium area where only teams competing were usually allowed. They searched for the Karasuno boys, who they eventually found talking to the Nekoma boys they had met and formed a bond with at training camp.

"Sugawara-san!" Rina called out excitedly, "Hi!"

"Oh, Suzuki-chan," He smiled warmly, surprised by their appearance, "How are you and your sister here right now?"

After she explained their circumstances to him, they were joined by the other Karasuno boys who were intrigued by the fact that they were there too.

"So... Where's Tsukishima?" Rina asked slowly, scanning the area for her friend's boyfriend.

"He's somewhere here," Tanaka crossed his arms worriedly, "Noya and I tried talking to him about what happened during New Years but he insisted that everything was fine."

"Don't force him to talk about it if he doesn't want to," Sawamura murmured faintly, "Toma and Tsukishima just need time to figure things out."

"I agree," Mina nodded slowly, "They care about each other a lot. I'm sure they'll work it out."

Meanwhile, Bokuto frantically waved at Kei as Akaashi watched him make a fool of himself.

"Tsukki! Tsukki! Did you grow taller?!" Bokuto asked elatedly.