Chapter 55: Us

Chapter 55:

Mizuki returned from Brazil and the minute she saw Kei at the airport waiting for her, she practically leaped in his arms, missing his comforting touch.

"You missed me that much?" Kei teased playfully, embracing her adoringly.

"Obviously!" She exclaimed breathlessly.

The two walked to the parking lot, where Akiteru was waiting for them. He graciously offered to drive Mizuki back as he was on his way back to Miyagi after being in Tokyo for work for a few weeks. Kei warned his brother not to mention anything about the engagement ring he had purchased. Akiteru promised to try his best. As they sat in the car, Mizuki brushed her lips against Kei, missing his warm, soft, and sweet taste.

"I missed you." She hummed, her cheeks flushing a vivid pink tint.

"I missed you more." He murmured, caressing her cheek lightly.

"You're both so cute." Akiteru added, feeling his heart twinge.

"Shut up, nii-san." Kei shook his head disapprovingly.

As they began driving back to Miyagi, Kei looped his arms around her waist as she snuggled up beside him. She was exhausted from her flight, especially because a wailing baby kept all the passengers, including her, awake.

"We've got a few hours until we get there..." Kei kissed her forehead gently, "Get some sleep, princess."

"Okay..."

After a few hours, they had arrived back in Miyagi, however, Mizuki was still sound asleep. Kei exited the car and lifted her up, careful not to wake her. Although she was half-asleep, she nuzzled against his chest, feeling at home. Akiteru trailed behind them as he carried her luggage and bags.

Kei knocked on the door, and Mizuki's mother opened the door to let them in. He slowly and carefully strolled up the stairs to place Mizuki on her bed.

"Baby... Stay with me..." Mizuki mumbled drowsily.

"Okay..." He smiled softly, "Let me get your bags first, okay?"

"Mkay..."

Kei sauntered down the stairs to find his brother having tea with Mizuki's mother. Akiteru was way too comfortable with her family.

"And then my old classmate, Tanaka Saeko, barged into my house, like she was about to kill me!" He heard his brother complain.

Kei carried Mizuki's luggage and bags up the stairs and back in her room. It seemed like she had actually fallen asleep and just when he was planning to leave for her to get some much-needed rest, she heard him call out to her.

"You're going to leave me?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes sluggishly.

"No..." He chuckled faintly, "I would never leave you, my princess."

But you might leave me.

He shook the grim thoughts out of his head and scrambled into her bed with her. Mizuki curled up beside him and he embraced her affectionately.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked, gazing up at his solemn eyes.

"How summer vacation is almost over." He lied, trying his best to make sure she didn't see right through him.

"We still have a few more weeks..." She smiled tenderly.

"I know," He kissed her nose tenderly, "I can't wait to spend those weeks with you."