Chapter 28: Imagine

Chapter 28:

"Kojima-san! Hi!" Mizuki smiled, turning to introduce Kei to her, "This is Tsukishima, my... friend."

"It's nice to meet you Tsukishima-kun!" Kojima moved closer and inspected Kei, which made him feel concerned but he tried his best to ignore her.

"Um... you too." He answered slowly before walking away. He glanced at Mizuki one last time, as if wanting to say something, but quickly followed after the rest of his teammates.

All of a sudden, Bokuto appeared beside them and energetically patted Mizuki's head.

"Isn't she adorable?" He guffawed, pinching her left cheek exaggeratedly.

"She was more adorable in junior high!" Kojima teased, pinching her right cheek.

"Bokuto-san, Kojima-san, please stop harassing Toma-san," Akaashi shook his head disapprovingly, "Let her get settled first."

"Akaashi's right!" She grinned, "Meet us at gym 4 after you've unpacked your things! I can't wait for us to catch up!"

"Kojima-san!" Rina giddily waved to her.

"You little brat!" She exclaimed excitedly, sprinting towards her, "I can't believe you and your sister moved with Toma!"

"Kojima-san, it's nice to see you again." Mina greeted politely.

Meanwhile, Kei reluctantly followed his teammates to the gym. They were about to start practice after lunch, and it was no surprise to him that Mizuki would be surrounded by Akaashi. Maybe he really was her ex-boyfriend.

"Why so glum?" Sugawara nudged him.

"I'm not." He answered flatly.

"Tsukishima, your wise vice-captain is here for you." He smiled lightly.

Kei rolled his eyes and began walking faster in an attempt to lose him. Unfortunately, Sugawara didn't let him out of his sight. Finally, they reached the classroom that they were going to be sleeping at.

"Suga-san, please stop following me," Kei muttered, setting up his temporary bed.

"Okay, but after you tell me what's wrong." He insisted, sitting patiently on a chair with his arms crossed.

"Fine," He sighed defeatedly, "Mizuki wants to be just friends."

"Wait, what? Did you tell her how you feel?" Sugawara gasped, unwilling to accept what he was hearing. He could've sworn that Mizuki felt the same as Kei - he couldn't be wrong.

"No, but after we kissed, she-" Kei tried to explain the circumstances when suddenly, Sugawara fell out of his chair.

"Wait, what?! You kissed?" Sugawara exclaimed, his eyes widening in shock.

"Tsukki?! Who did you kiss?!" Yamaguchi shouted, slamming the door open.

Kei stared at his friend who accidentally eavesdropped, then sighed, "No one."

"What are you guys talking about?" Tanaka looked at Sugawara, who had an indecipherable expression on his face.

"Tsukki kissed someone!" Yamaguchi blurted out before forcefully placing his own hands over his mouth.

"Eh?!" Tanaka's eyes widened, "Who did you kiss?!"

"No one." Kei repeated, his head throbbing from all the idiocy surrounding him.

"Why is Suga-san on the floor like that?" Kageyama chirped, placing his bags on the floor.

"He's in shock because Tsukishima kissed someone!" Tanaka declared, joining Sugawara on the floor to rest and process what he heard.