Epilogue

Epilogue:

Present day

For Toma Mizuki, volleyball had always been part of her life. Her father was a professional volleyball player and she had naturally acquired his talents and tenacity. It was her dream to become a professional volleyball player, just like her father. She had planned out her life, however, what she did not expect was to fall in love with her childhood best friend, Tsukishima Kei.

Fate was a funny thing.

After years of perseverance, sacrifice, and hard work, Mizuki finally achieved her lifelong dream. She was part of a Women's Division 1 V. League team as a wing spiker. To add to that, she was currently training with the National Japanese Volleyball Team for the upcoming Olympics. She was with her friends, Rina and Kojima, while her family and friends cheered her on. Most importantly, she had Kei, who supported her unconditionally through everything.

Mizuki stood in front of Kamei Sendai Arena, about to watch her husband and his team, the Sendai Frogs, play a match against the Hiashi Automotive Lions. Their friends, Kindaichi (from Seijoh) and Onaga (from Fukurodani) were on that team.

She gazed up at the clear, blue sky, smiling.

Dad, wherever you are, I made it. I'm at the top.

She couldn't have done it without Kei, her anchor, and the moon to her stars.

"Hey! Come on! We're going to be late for the match!" Jun urged for them to enter the arena.

Jun was now a university student, studying to become a doctor. Their step-father, who she didn't like at first, was just as surprised as Mizuki when Jun declared he wanted to study medicine. He said that after their father's car accident, as well as Mizuki's, he hated feeling helpless. He wanted to become a doctor to help his family, as well as others, who were affected by any sort of illness.

"Is Natsu-chan going to be joining us?" Mizuki teased him, causing him to become flustered.

"M-maybe!" He stammered.

Also, Jun had asked Hinata Natsu out on a date recently. She accepted.

As the siblings made their way inside the arena, they were greeted by the rest of Mizuki's friends.

"Hey! There you are!" Rina beamed, waving frantically at them.

Kageyama, who had his arm around her, smiled as a way of saying hi.

Shortly after the match between the Tokyo Panthers and Red Rabbits, Kageyama and Rina decided to take it slow when it came to their relationship. They've been back together for about a year now. Oh, and Kageyama had recently bought an engagement ring...

"Hey! Sorry we're late!" Mizuki laughed sheepishly, "I got distracted."

"By what?" Mina smiled warmly.

"Probably by Tsukki's picture on the billboard!" Yamaguchi laughed softly, "He looks so cool up there!"

Yamaguchi and Mina have been dating for a few months now, and although she spent most of her time in Tokyo, she always made it home to Yamaguchi whenever she could. Their first date was at a karaoke bar, where he showcased his subpar (according to him, at least) singing skills to her. Mina disagreed with his opinion - she thought that he was an amazing singer!

"We should go to our seats..." Kunimi chimed in.

Kunimi and his fiancée, Ishikawa Naomi, were there as well. He wasn't going to miss Kindaichi's match against Kei (who he regarded as a close friend too).