Chapter 49: Second-Years

Chapter 49:

After the Spring tournament, Mizuki and her friends, as well as the other first years and second years, attended Sawamura, Sugawara, Azumane, and Shimizu's graduation. It was pretty emotional, and Yachi cried the most. The third years were moving on, and it was bittersweet, mostly because they were like family. Nevertheless, they promised to visit Karasuno High every chance they got, in order to support them, or to even just hang out.

Mizuki and Kei, along with their friends, were excited to begin their second year of high school together.

April

The new school year began with a few surprises.

First, the twins' father returned from America. He was going to be staying with them for one month. He met their group of friends, and he was particularly intrigued by Yamaguchi and Kageyama, who were afraid to meet him. Still, the twins' father was very friendly and welcoming. He even told Mizuki that he had connections to any university that she could think of applying for - even outside of Japan. She thanked him for the offer, then explained that she was planning on attending the same university as Kei.

Second, unfortunately, Mizuki and Kei were no longer in the same class. It was Mina, Hinata, Yachi, and Kei in one class, and Mizuki, Rina, Kageyama, and Yamaguchi in the other class. Meanwhile, Nishinoya, Ennoshita, and Tanaka were luckily placed together in the same class. Poor Ennoshita.

Third, both the boys and girls accepted new members for the volleyball club. Because of how impressive the boys and the girls team were, they were able to receive many applicants. Their goals were both to attend nationals, and win.

Finally, Mizuki and Kei celebrated their 5-month anniversary by attending a concert. Kei didn't really like the band but seeing her so ecstatic made it worth it. Besides, little did he know that after that, they were going to be making out all night in his room.

May

Kei got contacts, mostly because his glasses were bothering him. He didn't care before but he would like to be able to kiss Mizuki without his glasses falling off. Mizuki went with him to his appointment and she told him that he looked handsome with or without glasses. Kei felt embarrassed.

Both the girls and the boys began their preparations for Summer Interhigh. They had various practice games against Aoba Johsai, Shiratorizawa, Johzenji High, Wakutani, Date Tech, and more. Many schools wanted to challenge them, and rightfully so.

June

It was the twins' and Hinata's 17th birthday. As a gift, the twins' father flew them to a private island that he had rented. They flew their guests in a helicopter for the weekend and things were wild. Sawamura, Sugawara, Azumane, and Shimizu even attended. Everyone made it back safely afterwards... Except for Nishinoya, who got stung by two jellyfish on the leg.

Kunimi got a girlfriend. Rina liked her... for the most part.

July

Goshiki got a girlfriend. It was one of Mizuki's classmates - more specifically, it was the girl that said Goshiki reminded her of a movie star.

Rina became friends with a third-year from Date Tech named Futakuchi Kenji.

Kei got a part-time job in a bookstore that his cousin owned. When Mizuki asked why he decided to get a job, he told her that it was a secret. He was saving up for something important.

August

The boys and the girls went to Tokyo for training camp. Akaashi was the only person they knew from the Fukurodani team as it was mostly new members. Akaashi missed Bokuto (and his friends), a lot. Nekoma, on the other hand, became more chaotic thanks to their new captain, Yamamoto. Additionally, Kojima told Mizuki and the twins that she may or may not be having a thing with no one other than... Miya Atsumu. While Mizuki was surprised, she reassured her that it was alright if they started dating. Kojima said she didn't want to do long distance but maybe after they graduated.