Chapter 64: A Million Miles Away

Chapter 64:

4 months later

Mizuki, Mateo, and Hinata were visiting Oikawa in Argentina for spring break. Shortly after Mizuki moved to Brazil, Oikawa reached out to her as sort of a mentor and a friend when he had learned that she was in South America like him. He invited them to visit and they were finally able to. Iwaizumi was also with them visiting Oikawa.

Currently, they were at the beach playing volleyball. It was hot and humid, and there were many people at the beach building sandcastles, surfing, or just relaxing. A couple of Oikawa's teammates and friends were also with them. As Hinata and Mateo played volleyball, Mizuki was purchasing an ice cream cone for herself and for her boyfriend when Iwaizumi and Oikawa approached her.

"Toma-chan," Oikawa beamed, "What flavor did you get?"

"Strawberry," She smiled warmly, "Would you like me to buy you an ice cream cone, Oikawa-san?"

"Yes, please! I'd like-" Oikawa was interrupted by Iwaizumi slapping his arm.

"Oi... Pay for your own ice cream, cheap-kawa!" Iwaizumi glared at him.

"Ow... Iwa-chan..." He mumbled, rubbing his own arm soothingly.

"Oh! It's no problem, really!" Mizuki laughed softly, "I don't mind!"

Mizuki bought them ice cream and afterwards, they began making their way back to where all their friends were. As they were walking, Iwaizumi brought up a topic that he had been curious about since the Jackals and Adlers match.

"Hey... What's with you and that glasses guy?" Iwaizumi raised an eyebrow inquisitively.

"Who?" She asked slowly, "You mean, Kei?"

"Who's Kei?" Oikawa chimed in.

"Yeah... During the party a few months back, I noticed that he couldn't stop looking at you," Iwaizumi chuckled, "I thought you and him broke up?"

"We broke up 3 years ago," Mizuki bit her lip timidly, "And I'm sure he wasn't looking at me... He was probably just..."

She trailed off, unsure how to explain what Iwaizumi had observed. She didn't even realize that Kei was supposedly staring at her that whole night.

"Oh, the beanpole from Karasuno!" Oikawa nodded thoughtfully, "I remember him! His blocks were annoyingly persistent..."

"I didn't mean to bring up old wounds..." Iwaizumi murmured gently, "Sorry..."

"O-oh! It's okay," She stammered, "There's no bad blood between Kei and I. We're friends."

"That's good." Iwaizumi cleared his throat as if wanting to say something else.

The three almost made it back to where Hinata, Mateo, and their friends were when she suddenly stopped walking. The fact that Iwaizumi brought this up without reason bothered her. The two boys also stopped and faced her inquisitively.

"Was... was Kei really looking at me the whole night...?" She asked faintly.

"Ooh lala, Toma-chan..." Oikawa smirked as he crossed his arms.

"Tsukishima was pretty obvious," Iwaizumi murmured, "It didn't even seem like he was trying to hide it."

"Hide what?" Mizuki mumbled softly.

"That he's still in love with you."

Mizuki stood there stiffly, her body tensed from Iwaizumi's shocking statement. Her mind buzzed with turmoil, curiosity, and... exhilaration?