Chapter 25: Too Bad

Chapter 25:

After dinner, Kei took the opportunity to use the showers before anyone else could use it. After his conversation with Sugawara, he felt more apprehensive than ever. He couldn't even look Mizuki in the eye. Suddenly, the locker room door opened and he heard some boys talking and laughing.

"Wah! That girl from Karasuno is so cute!"

"I knew you would say that! You have a crush on her, don't you?"

"She's out of your league!"

Kei tried his best to listen in to their conversation but it was hard because of the running water. He didn't recognize the voices so it probably wasn't Bokuto or Akaashi. Still, he was curious to know who they were talking about. If it was Shimizu or Yachi, then he didn't care, but if it was Mizuki...

"Hey first years! Go clean up the gym!"

He heard them groan in complaint and exit the locker room. Kei sighed and turned off the shower. He quickly dried himself off and put on his sleeping clothes - gray sweatpants and a white shirt. He left the locker room and headed to the classroom where half of the Karasuno boys were going to be sleeping. He didn't like the idea of sharing a room with his idiot teammates but he didn't have a choice.

"Oi! Tsukishima!" Hinata called out, "You're not practicing with us anymore?"

"Don't you ever get tired?" Kei rolled his eyes, walking past a provoked Hinata.

Before he could enter the classroom, Kageyama slid the door open.

"Don't tell me you're joining that idiot to practice some more," Kei grimaced, "It's raining outside and the gyms are closed."

"We're only practicing for a bit," Kageyama protested, "Yamaguchi is joining us too."

Yamaguchi slowly exited through the other door as Kei shook his head disapprovingly. He sauntered towards the corner of the room and plugged his phone in to charge it. He lay down and put on his headphones. He gazed out the window and watched the rain pour heavily. He wondered if thunderstorms were common in Tokyo.

He shut his eyes tensely and tried to fall asleep. Although he was listening to music, he could still sleep if he was extremely tired. Then, out of nowhere, a pillow smacked him on the face. Kei jumped in surprise and noticed Sugawara with his arms crossed beside the door. He was wearing a white robe and it looked like he just got out of the shower.

"Well?" Sugawara raised an eyebrow.

"Well, what?" Kei rolled his eyes.

"I'm here to help you with your problem." He proudly stated, walking towards him.

"It doesn't matter." Kei lay back down and tried to ignore him.

"Tell me what's bothering you." Sugawara plopped down beside him and removed his headphones.

"I'm serious," He sighed, clearly annoyed, "There's nothing to talk about."

"Shut up and talk!" Sugawara exasperatedly huffed.

"You just contradicted yourself, Sugawara-san," Kei added, trying his best to change the topic of their conversation.

"I won't tell anyone!" Sugawara pouted, slapping his arms a few times, "C'mon Tsukishima! Tell your wise vice-captain about what's bothering you."

"Fine," Kei defeatedly answered, "I'll tell you only if you don't make unnecessary comments."

"I promise!" He excitedly nodded.