Chapter 4- Not my Common Room

As we all make our way into the great hall for breakfast, Walter pulls me away from the rest of the group. "Don't lie to me, Vi. Where are you actually going today? Because Clarissa says you're not going to Hogsmeade because you have to fix a roll of parchment or something for McGonagall..." I try to walk away from him mid-sentence but he grabs ahold of my wrist and spins me around to face him. "And I know that's a lie because I'm in your transfiguration class and we haven't had any essays assigned to us yet."

"Alright fine! You don't have to hold onto me so tight you know." Walter lets go of my wrist sheepishly. "I'm going to Hogsmeade just not with the rest of the third years. That's all I'm saying no matter what you do to me alright? Just promise you won't go looking for me while we are there. I don't need Emma and Clarissa, and the rest of them to see why I lied." Walter smiles and his eyes sparkle so I already know what he's going to say.

"You're going with the Weasley twins! Oh goodness, Violet please don't tell me you fancy one of them. Imagine how hard that will be to hide from the rest of the house. You'll have to hide it from the Gryffindors too. Bunch of pretentious arses if you ask me but the twins seem nice enough. They're friend Lee is kind of... never mind."

I put my hands on Walter's shoulders to calm him down. "Will you stop it! Someone is going to hear you. My god Walter! Even if I did fancy one of them, which I DON'T, I wouldn't hide it from anyone."

Walter stops and looks at me, I slowly take my hands off his shoulders. He nods at me and we make our way into the great hall. "I bet its George, isn't it? The one you fancy?" Walter whispers to me. I scrunch up my nose and try to look disgusted, but as soon as I see George at the Gryffindor table my heart melts a bit and my face softens up. George looks at me and smiles big, his mouth clearly full of eggs and sausage. "Oh yeah. Definitely George. And by the looks of things, he fancies you too." Walter laughs and dashes away from me so I can't hit him for his comment.

After breakfast, the majority of the students from each house rush out of the dining hall to meet Professor McGonagall and some other teachers in the courtyard so they can go to Hogsmeade. I stay back and wave to my friends as they all rush out of the hall. Soon after, the entire hall was empty except for the twins, Lee, and I.

"You can't be serious Violet. You're still in your school uniform? It's a Saturday for crying out loud." Lee says to me once the room is fully empty

"Alright okay, I'll go change. See you by the witch in... dunno lets say half an hour?" I stand up and cross over to where the boys are sitting at their table.

"I mean, we could just have you meet us at our common room. That way we don't have to stand in the freezing cold forever." Fred suggests.

"Ah, I dunno about that one there Freddy. Can we really trust a Slytherin to know where the Gryffindor commons are?" George says jokingly. I hit him on the back of his head and laughs. "Alright, no need to get testy Violet. The common room is on the seventh floor behind the portrait of the fat lady." George gets close to me as if the room is full of listening ears. "the password is Caput Draconis."

I move away from the boys and look at them. "You've got to be joking? That's your password? I wish ours was just a funny little word."

"I'd suggest that we meet you in the Slytherin common room but I'd rather not go into the dark and wet dungeons," Lee says sarcastically.

"Really Lee. Some of the most pretensions, rich, pure-blood wizards have children in the Slytherin house. Do you really think they would allow their children to live in a dark, wet dungeon? Our common room is actually really homey and cozy." I smile at their confused faces. "Nevertheless, I'll see you all once I've gotten changed."