Part 4, Chapter 26- Ball Invitations

"Fred's going with Angelina." George says to the group the next day as we are studying in the library, "He asked her last night, shouted at her from across the common room as a matter of fact."

Emma looks up from her notes and makes eye contact with Fred but only for a split second, "Elliott gave me a dozen blue roses and wrote me a poem to ask me to the ball. Isn't he romantic?" Emma sighs.

"Sounds vile if you ask me," Fred says back to her.

"Right and yelling at someone halfway across the room is so much better. Eat a sock." Emma snaps at him.

We all stop what we are doing and look at her, "Did you just say... eat a sock?" Lee says, he's trying really hard not to smile but it's no use. Emma shrinks down in her seat and everyone howls with laughter.

"I'm not sure who I'm going with quite yet," George says.

I look at him and tilt my head, "George we've been dating for nearly five years at this point."

The rest of our friends go quiet, I can tell their all a little nervous to hear what is going to happen next.

"Well I know that much. And I would love to go to the dance with you. But you haven't asked me yet."

I roll my eyes so far back into my head that it hurts, "Alright then. Come to the dance with me?"

George starts to pack his things and Fred does the same, "I dunno. That wasn't a very romantic way of asking someone to go to the dance now is it?"

"Well it seemed perfectly alright when Fred did it." I say to him, I try to sound as annoyed as possible but I've never been really good at faking my emotions around people I care about.

Fred and George stand up from the table. Fred waves goodbye to us all and heads out of the library. George kisses the top of my head before he follows after his brother, "Well Fred is Fred. I just expect more from someone I've been naked with." He whispers the last part in attempts to conceal what he's saying but it doesn't work. Walter and Lee whistle which gets a very angry look from Madam Pince.

"Say no to my invitation to the dance one more time and we might never be naked with each other again" I say to him.

George leans down and hums softly into my ear, "And why don't I believe that?"

Fred comes back to the open library door looking very annoyed, "George! You'll see her in a few hours. Lets go!" He shouts.

"No yelling in my library!" Madam Pince says to Fred from her desk.

Fred looks down at his feet which are not technically in the library given he's standing just outside the door frame, "Technically I'm not in the library ma'am."

Madam Pince throws a bit of chalk across the room aimed directly at Fred's head but he manages to miss being hit.

George peppers the top of my head with a bunch more kisses, "I'll see you tonight." He waves goodbye to the table and I watch as he jogs after his brother.

I turn back to look at my friends. "Does this mean you're going to plan a very romantic evening with Georgie tonight?" Lee asks me.

"Course it doesn't. It means Violet is going to the dance solo and talking to a bunch of guys till George gets jealous enough to take her away from them all."

"It does not mean that!" Lee says, he looks at me and I shrug my shoulders, he shakes his head. "Never mind. Course it means that."

I reach across the table and pat Lee's hand. "I should plan a big romantic picnic or something but not doing anything and going to the ball alone sounds a lot more fun."