Part 5, Chapter 30- The Patronus Charm

"Hey, love?" George whispers to me during a study period in Charms class.

I glance over at Flitwick who is not paying any attention to his class, "Hmm?" I say looking at George.

"Have you ever cast a Patronus charm?" He whispers.

"Yeah, when all the Dementors were flying about during fifth year. Emma and I practiced on a few of them." I whisper, "why do you ask?"

George shrugs, "I've never done one... and I'm going to have to soon. Can you help me?"

I glance back at Flitwick who's now got a book floating over top of his open hand casually reading.

"I suppose yeah. But I don't understand why you have to cast one? It's pretty advanced magic even for seventh years..."

"Order business. But I don't want to make a fool out of myself in front of everyone when I can't cast one you know?"

I smile, "So you'd rather make a fool out of yourself in front of me?" I whisper back at him.

"Not like I haven't made a fool out of myself in front of you before. You knew me before puberty hit, that was a god awful time in my life. My voice was so high pitched don't you remember?"

I snort and Flitwick glances around the room, George and I quickly pick up our quills and pretend to be copying out of the textbook, "Don't remind me, you sounded like Umbridge for the first... four years that I knew you? And that whole year when your voice was cracking... You're lucky I stuck around."

George hits me with the end of his quill with a big smile on his face, "You have anything going on after lunch?"

"Yeah, I'm teaching a dumbass how to cast a Patronus charm. You?"

George hits me with the end of his quill again and I laugh again. Flitwick puts his book down, "Miss LeStrange, Mister Weasley. Mind sharing with the class?" He says now standing on top of his desk.

"Course not Professor!" George says standing up, "Violet and I were discussing colour theory! Did you know that shrimp can actually see more colours than humans can!"

A few kids in the class laugh, Flitwick looks unimpressed, "And how does that relate to the reductor curse that we are studying?"

George fumbles over his words a bit, I stand up from my desk, "Well we were talking about what colour the reductor curse is you see. I thought it was more white than blue but George insisted that it was blue. Which brought on the discussion of colour and how many colours that a person can see. Which then brought on the question what colours animals can see. And I remembered something I read..."

"That's enough Miss LeStrange, you've made your point. Please sit down and keep quiet." Flitwick says. The whole class turns back towards the front and starts on their notes again. Emma and Fred are whispering close together, they've moved their desks close together so they are practically bumping shoulders.

Once Flitwick dismissed us Emma and Walter came running over to me. "What are we doing for the boys goodbye party?" Walter asks me.

I pull the two of them out of the classroom and we start walking to the great hall so we can talk without the Gryffindor boys listening in, "What do you mean goodbye party? And why is it always me that has to plan things?"

"They were your friends first," Emma says smiling.

I look at her and roll my eyes, "Yeah and now your sleeping with Freddie..." I look at Walter, "And you're sleeping with Lee." Emma and Walter both go pink, "and you know what? I still haven't gotten a thank you from either one of you. 'Thanks, Violet for introducing me to the love of my life' 'Oh no problem guys!" I turn around and walk backwards so I can see them both.