Part 3, Chapter 18- God I hate Christmas

It's the first time in three years that both Draco and I are going home for the holidays. Which pleases Draco more than he would like to admit.

"Why did I sign up for this? I mean do I really want to spend two weeks with my family? With Draco?" I moan slamming my trunk shut and propping it up on its wheels.

"You love your cousin," Emma says. She pulls open the dorm room door and we both wheel out our trunks and walk out of the common room and into the dungeons where Walter is waiting with Lee and the other boys.

"Ready for the ride home?" George says to me.

I go over to him and kiss him gently, "Absolutely not. I wish I could just stay here, and not go home and wear a stiff dress and sit there with my stiff family, listening to boring conversations about stiff people things." I say grumpily.

We all walk to the front doors to the castle and load our trunks into the self pulling carriages. "I just can't wait to have mums home-cooked turkey. Not that the food here isn't great but there's something special about mums food." Fred says when we are all situated in the carriage.

"The only home-cooked, made with love, food I get is from Hogwarts. Everything at my house is made by our house elf." I say. Emma nods because it's the same in her house too.

On the train we talk about a lot of nothing, I keep drifting in and out of sleep the entire time. At one point I woke up to George holding a quill to my face about to draw a mustache on me. Nine hours later and we all file out of the train with our trunks. Draco meets up with me and we go look for Aunt Narcissa and Uncle Malfoy.

"Oh there's my mum. Bye Vi, see you in two weeks." George pecks my cheek and he and Fred rush off to Molly and Arthur.

"I don't see mother and father." Draco says to me looking down the platform.

I look at the Weasleys who are hugging and kissing each other and being a happy family, "No, I don't see them either." I say.

"Miss LeStrange? Mister Malfoy? I'm here to pick you up and take you to your home." A short and stout older wizard says coming up to us, "I have a letter from your parents." He pulls out a perfectly folded parchment with the family crest on the back of it.

I take it from him and open it quickly reading through Aunt Narcissa's perfect handwriting.

Sorry dears but your father and I have some business to attend to. This is Bartholomew, he works with your father at the ministry. He'll take you home. We'll see you in three days time.

I read it out loud to Draco and his shoulders slump. We pick up our things and follow the little wizard off the platform. Its about a three hour drive to the Malfoy Manor, for a total of twelve hours of travelling just to get home to an empty house. Bartholomew takes our trunks out of the car and speeds away leaving Draco and I at the edge of our property looking at the massive, dark house in front of us.

"Master Malfoy! Master LeStrange! Norby is very pleased to see you home for holidays he is!" Our house elf says when we reach the front door. Draco shoves his trunk at him and storms inside and up the stairs to his room.

"Sorry about him Norby. He's very tired." I say. I drag my trunk up into the house and up the stairs. I open up the door to my room and sigh.

It's a very pretty room. The walls are covered in a pale white lace looking wallpaper with jet black trim. My bed is a huge four poster with black lace curtains hanging around it. There's a very old Victorian chair in the corner by two bookshelves. My desk by the window is empty, my white curtains gently swaying in the wind coming in through the open window.