Part 8, Chapter 3- Family Visits

I've been at the Burrow for about a month now, and it's been absolutely fantastic. Early morning chats around the dining table with Molly as she makes breakfast, showing Arthur all the muggle technology that I have, being with George all the time. I've managed to get George to shave that awful beard off his face and his ginger roots are showing through the brown hair dye at the top of his head, he's never looked more attractive. It's almost like a fairy tale; like this is what my life should have been like for the past five years.

I was hesitant, to stay here. I'm always scared that I'll fuck it up in some way. Like say something wrong and have Molly kick me out or have a massive fight with George and just be told to leave. But Molly doesn't want me to leave. Course she hasn't said it out loud but every time I say something about the flat that I have waiting for me she gets all sad.

"So you're living here now?" Draco asks me. He comes to visit when he can, we go on walks by the river so it's just the two of us.

I shrug my shoulders, "No... Well.... I dunno. I'm scared that I've overstayed but Molly hasn't asked me to leave or anything."

"Are you and George together now then? Like back to dating?"

I kick a rock into the river and sigh, "Haven't got a clue. I mean we do all the things that people who date do. And I love him and he loves me, just never had that conversation yet."

Draco looks at me. He looks so much like his father now, but with the kindness that his mother has in her eyes. "You should probably have that conversation then. Life is short."

I put my arm around his shoulders and hug him from the side. His girlfriend Astoria has a blood curse which makes her extremely frail and not very healthy. "I'm sorry..." I whisper.

Draco shrugs, "Don't be sorry, not like you're the one that cursed her ancestor or whatever."

"I don't have to be guilty to be sorry Dray."

We walk some more, not talking, just enjoying each others presence. "Are you going home for Christmas?" Draco looks at me. "Mother and Father aren't very impressed with Astoria so I don't think I'll be showing up. Despite all of mothers owls begging to see me."

"I've been living with the Weasleys for a month. With the woman that killed my mother. Do you really think that Aunt Narcissa wants me there?"

Draco chuckles to himself, "You and George are always welcome to come to our place if you want."

"You two are always welcome here too you know. It would be nice, to have my entire family with me at Christmas."

Draco laughs, "Yeah like the Weasleys are going to want me at their dining table. I was such a fucking asshole when I was a kid."

"Language Draco."

He stops walking and looks at me, "You're kidding me right? I am a twenty three year old man."

I don't bother to turn around when I talk to him, "A twenty three year old man child that shouldn't swear."

Draco scoffs then pick up his pace again so we are walking side by side. "Imagine the look on Ronald's face when he comes into his mothers house and sees his childhood bully sitting beside his father."

"I won't have to imagine it because you and Astoria will be coming to Christmas dinner. He's got a month to get over himself." I say casually.

"Are you trying to get kicked out of the house?" Draco asks me with wide eyes.

I shrug, "I plan on being in this for the long haul and if they have a problem with my brother at their dining table then maybe I should rethink my plans."