Part 7, Chapter 1- Severus and Yaxley

"My Lord, the Order of the Phoenix intends to move Harry Potter from his current place of safety on Saturday next at nightfall," Severus says to the Dark Lord.

Everyone at the table stiffened, the two late Death Eaters are everyone's main focus at this point. Draco holds onto my hand under the table for moral support.

"Saturday... at nightfall..." The Dark Lord repeats slowly. Everyone sort of shifts in their seats but I can't tell if its because they are eager or they are nervous. We all watch as the Dark Lord twists his mouth into a smile, "Good, very good. And this information comes from-"

"From the source, we discussed," Severus says matter of factly.

"My Lord..." Yaxley has now leaned forward to see the Dark Lord at his spot at the table, Draco squeezes my hand tighter. Everyone shifts to look at him, "My Lord, I have heard differently."

Everyone shifts their gaze to the Dark Lord for a moment before looking back at Yaxley, "Dawlish, the Auror, let it slip that Potter will not be moved until the thirteenth, the night before the boy turns seventeen" Yaxley continues. I glance over at Severus who is smiling now.

"My source told me that there are plans to lay a false trail, this must be it. No doubt a Confundus charm has been placed upon Dawlish. It would not be the first time, he is known to be susceptible." Snape says, his smile doesn't falter which makes me feel sick almost.

"I assure you, my Lord, Dawlish seemed quite certain," Yaxley says.

Severus rolls his eyes, "If he has been Confunded, naturally he is certain." He says. I flick my attention to the body that is spinning in the air high above the table, When Severus speaks I bring my attention back down to him, "I assure you Yaxley, the Auror Office will play nu further part in the protection of Harry Potter. The order believes that we have infiltrated the Ministry."

Mister Pucey, Adrian's father giggles to himself a little, "The Order's got one thing right then eh?" His laugh echoes throughout the entire room, no one laughs with him.

The Dark Lord looks up at the body in the air and watches it casually like he's looking through an old photo book.

"My Lord," Yaxley says trying to get his attention again, "Dawlish believes an entire party of Aurors will be used to transfer the boy-"

The Dark Lord raises his hand and Yaxley immediately stops talking. The Dark Lord shifts his attention to Snape, "Where are they going to hide the boy next?"

"At the home of one of the Order." Snape says, "The place, according to the source, has been given every protection that the Order and the ministry together could provide. I think that there is little chance of taking him once he is there my Lord. Unless, of course, the ministry has fallen before next Saturday, which might give us the opportunity to discover and undo enough of the enchantments to break through the rest."

The Burrow. Course it would be the Burrow. The Weasleys are in danger. George is in danger... I can't think about that, I can't love him anymore. I told him I don't love him so I've got to stop loving him. I never should have given him that ring back. I want it back.

"Well, Yaxley?" The Dark Lord says, breaking into my thoughts, "Will the Ministry have fallen by next Saturday?"

Everyone shifts back to Yaxley like we are watching a very slow quidditch match, "My Lord, I have good news on that score. I have – with difficulty and after great effort – succeeded in placing an Imperius curse upon Pius Thicknesse."

The room takes and releases a big breath like one collective unit. Dolohov claps Yaxley on the back. The Dark Lord speaks again, "It is a start. But Thicknesse is only one man. Scrimgeour must be surrounded by our people before I act. One failed attempt on the minister's life will set me back a long way."