Part 2, Chapter 14- Snogging in the Library

After the Halloween feat that night, everyone is so full that no one moves at first. Until someone comes running into the great hall screaming about a blood message. That tends to get everyone in the moving mood.

Emma, Walter, and I follow the huge crowd of students out of the dining hall and up the stairs to the second floor, "At least it's not in the dungeons this time." I say to my friends as I push through the crowd trying to get a look at whatever it is that's going on. Emma is holding onto the belt of my pants, Walter is holding onto Emma's shirt, together we squish past all the muttering students and make our way to the front of the crowd. We gasp when we see what's actually going on. In blood, the message,

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE.

On a torch bracket stuck on the wall beside it, Filch's cat Mrs Norris is hanging, dead. Emma buries her face into Walters shirt.

"Enemies of the Heir beware?" Draco shouts from the other side of the crowd. He glances at me for a moment before continuing, "You'll be next mud bloods!"

"I'm going to kill that damn kid," I mumble, but I can't be mad right now, fear builds up inside me, I can take my eyes off of the poor cat hanging on the wall.

Footsteps approach quickly, "What's going on here? What's going on!" Its Filch, his rusty sounding voice cuts through the silence of the group. The group parts slightly to let him through. As soon as he sees his cat he clutches his face in horror. "My cat! My cat! What happened to Mrs Norris!" He screams. No one says anything, they just watch as he turns his attention to none other than Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger, who are standing in the middle of the semi-circle we have created.

"That poor man," Emma whispers.

Filch goes over to the three Gryffindors, red in the face. "You! You murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you!" Filch roars, which doesn't sit well with any of the students.

"Argus!" It was Professor Dumbledore, he and a few other teachers make their way into the centre of the group. He then goes over and takes Mrs Norris off of the torch bracket. "Argus come with me, you too Mr Potter, Mr Weasley, and Miss Granger. The rest of you go back to your common rooms immediately!" Dumbledore gives everyone instructions. The crowd, still silent, departs in every which way, Lockhart offers Dumbledore his office as we all depart.

Once we are back in our common room is when everyone starts talking at once. "The chamber of secrets? What do you suppose that is?" I hear a sixth-year girl ask her friends.

"Come into my dorm and I'll teach you if you like." An older boy says to her. The girl and her friends start screaming at him for his comment, Emma, Walter, and I narrowly miss being hit in the head with her book bag as we pass by them.

We find a corner of the room that is sort of secluded and we all plop down on the floor. "I can't believe a staff member threatened to kill a student! In front of everybody!" Emma wails.

"He's not going to do it calm down. Besides, a squib couldn't hurt a wizard!" I say back to Emma in attempts to calm her down.

"What do you mean a squib? Who's a squib?" Walter asks, nearly forgetting what it is that we saw painted on the wall.

"Filch is, the twins and I saw a letter about it in his office. But that's not the point. The point is that someone killed Mrs Norris and wrote a message about the chamber of secrets on the wall in her blood!" I look at Emma and Walter desperately. "Now we all know the rumours that Salazar Slytherin put a hidden room in Hogwarts but I didn't know it was real! I thought it was just something that us Slytherins say to freak out the other houses."