Part 7, Chapter 12- Mothers

We don't make it to the front doors, they are pushed open and Death Eaters are swarming in all over again, going right into the great hall.

Emma, Clarissa, Miriam, Henrietta, Adrian, Cassius, Graham, and Miles all shove the younger Slytherins away from the screaming Death Eaters. We don't want them fighting against their parents if we can help it. That's a trauma that no one should have to endure.

Speaking of parents, my mother runs into the great hall screaming with glee along with the other Death Eaters. Suddenly, a small army of house-elves are chasing after the Death Eaters, cutting at their ankles with cooking utensils. Now I've seen it all.

Once we are sure that the younger Slytherins are safe and relatively hidden from the chaos, all nine of us grip our wands and run into the great hall ready for battle.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" Molly. She screams bloody murder and practically throws Hermione, Luna, and Ginny out of her way. She points her wand at my mother.

Everyone in the great hall stands back against the walls. Molly and my mother are fighting on one side. The Dark Lord and two of his opponents are fighting on the other side.

"What will happen to your children when I kill you?" My mother says in her confident, casual, threatening way that she tends to use no matter who she's talking to. She's dodging Molly's spells with somewhat of difficulty but she's managing all the same.

It hurts to watch, my mother fighting the first woman that actually treated me like a daughter. My eyes hurt, my brain is mush.

"When Mummy's gone the same way as Freddie?" My mother says.

I have never felt the anger that I feel right now. Hot, bubbling, it hurts my chest, how angry I am. If Molly doesn't kill her I will. No, I won't. Yes, I will. No, I won't.

"You – will – never – touch – our – children – again!" Molly screams.

My mother laughs like she's enjoying herself like her quidditch team just won. Molly can see that my mother is distracted, that she's far too confident.

She jams her wand towards my mother, her curse hits her right in the chest. Her eyes go wide, her smile falters.

"MOTHER!" I scream, but I don't want to scream. I'm not upset that she's dead, I don't think I'm upset. My mother topples over and I do my best to get to her. But I can't, somethings stopping me. I fight but it's no use. All of my friends, everyone I grew up with is holding me back, out of the way of the battle.

The Dark Lord screams as he watches my mother fall over lifeless. He turns his wand to Molly. My heart is stuck in my throat. He can't hurt her. I won't let this fucking war take away two mothers.

"Protego!" Someone shouts everyone goes silent. Harry appears out of nowhere, that damn invisibility cloak.

There's a few cheers but they stopped almost as soon as they started. I look over at the entrance of the great hall and my aunt and uncle are standing there, staring at me, begging me to come with them.

I turn around and look at Emma, completely ignoring the long drawn out speeches that the Dark Lord and Harry are giving right now, "I've got to go. Knowing the ministry they are going to come after people who helped the Dark Lord. I can't be here when they do." I whisper.

Emma looks at me with tears in her eyes, "We don't even know if Harry is going to win." She whispers.

"Course he's going to win. When have you known him to lose?"