Part 3, Chapter 25- Rainstorms

When dinner was over I say goodbye to Emma and Walter who make kissy faces and pretend to make out with each other. I give them the wanker sign and walk out of the hall and stand beside the wall of stone soldiers. George comes barrelling out of the hall, finds me, grabs my hand, and pulls me down a side corridor.

"You gonna tell me where we are going?" I laugh as we go into an empty classroom at the end of the hall.

"We're going outside. I'm tired of these walls." George says. He turns around and kisses me quickly before going over to a storage unit. "Babe come over here real quick and help me push this out of the way please?"

He's never called me babe before and it makes me melt inside. I go over and help him push the storage unit to the left, exposing nothing but a stone wall. "I know I'm supposed to trust you but I mean..."

George pulls his wand out of his robe pocket, "Come here look. This one has a rune on it. You take that class, what does it say?"

I bend down to the brick that George is looking at and read it carefully, "It just says open three times?"

"Exactly." George looks at me and winks, then he taps his wand three times on the stone whispering 'Alohomora' with each tap. The wall shifts and the stones fold in on themselves, exposing a very dark hole in the floor with a rickety old wooden ladder going so far down I can't see the bottom.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I laugh to myself.

George shimmies into the hole and puts his feet on one of the ladders rungs. "Do you trust me?" He whispers to me, holding his hand out to me.

"Absolutely fucking not."

George laughs, "Come with me anyways." He starts to descend down the ladder and into the literal darkness. I sigh really deeply and curse his name under my breath before following him. "Hey, pull the cabinet back into place. There's a handle on the this side of it, moves really easily."

"I very much do not like this situation." I grumble before doing what George asks. He was right, I barley tug on the handle and the cabinet slides right into place. And as soon as the cabinet is in place the stones move back into the wall and we are officially in the dark.

"Don't worry I'm already at the bottom. It's not as long as it seems." George calls from below.

I practically fly down the ladder, one thing I absolutely hate is being alone in pitch black places. When my feet hit the solid ground and I can feel George beside me I calm down again. "Will you please tell me where this leads us?"

Instead of responding like a normal human being, George just takes my hand and leads me down an earthy smelling tunnel in the pitch black. He moves quickly, turning corners without a second thought. Then he stops, so suddenly that I bump into his back. "There's another ladder in front of us, going up this time. Then we are there I promise." George kisses my knuckles, "You'll love it."

He starts up the ladder and I follow right behind him, I hear a scraping noise and dim light floods the tunnel that we are in. George climbs out and reaches his hand back to help me out as well. Finally I know where we are. "The greenhouses?" I say looking around slowly. We are in one of the staff only greenhouses, the ones full of beautiful flowers. It smells like roses and dirt.

"There's supposed to be a big rainstorm in a little while. I thought it would be nice to watch it from in here." George says sheepishly.

I look at him standing in the middle of the room and smile, "That's the most adorable thing I've ever heard. You're sort of perfect aren't you?"

George pulls out a few ratty blankets that I assume he snuck in here earlier today and lays them on the ground. I go over and sit beside him, curling up into him. "I needed this. The stress of this year has been driving me crazy. Especially with Wood always on my back about quidditch." George says quietly. He runs a strand of my hair through his fingers and starts to play with it.