Part 3, Chapter 28- Slytherin versus Gryffindor

Breakfast was short, the school full of excitement for the big game. Even the professors are wearing their house colours. All except Snape of course who is wearing his big black robes like every other day of his life. "I wonder if he wears all those robes to hide his body. Maybe he's half-goat or something and has to hide his legs to keep the job." Emma says. We all stare as Snape walks across the field towards the pitch.

"He would have a limp if he had goat legs wouldn't he?" Wally says tilting his head to the side trying to get a better look.

"What the hell are you two even talking about?" I laugh. When we get to the pitch and find seats Emma pulls out silver and green makeup and paints both me and Walter's cheeks to show our house spirit.

"Is it just me, or do you all feel very isolated when the entire school is rooting for everyone but you?" Emma says looking around the pitch. All the Slytherins, all seventy of us, have grouped together behind the Slytherin goal posts. Everyone else in the school seems to be wearing red and gold.

"Its because everyone sees Death Eaters and overall shitty people when they look at us," Walter says very matter of factly.

Madam Hooch steps onto the pitch and the whole school erupts into cheers. She raises her left hand and the Slytherin team comes walking out, being lead by Marcus Flint and Draco. The crowd mostly boos and shouts ugly things but the Slytherins are loud enough to drown most of it out. When Madam Hooch raises her right hand the Gryffindor team comes marching onto the field and I swear the entire pitch shakes with the noise that erupts from the eager students.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls! Today we are witnessing history! The final quidditch match this year!" Lee's voice blares through the air. "On the left we have the Slytherin team! Lead by Marcus Flint! He's made some changes in the line-up and seems to be going for size rather than skill-" The crowd roars with laughter and cheering.

"Draco's the smallest one on the team! What the hell is Flint thinking?" I half yell.

The students in front of me turn around and glare at me. I stick my hand in my back pocket, wrapping my fingers around my wand as a show of confidence.

"And on the right we have the Gryffindors!" Lee shouts. Cheering erupts from every side of the pitch except for the group of Slytherins who try our very best to drown out the cheers with our booing. "Potter, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley... another Weasley, and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best side Hogwarts has seen in a good few years!" Another wave of cheers and boos fill the pitch.

Both captains step to the middle of the pitch where Madam Hooch was waiting. "Captains! Shake hands!" Madam Hooch yells. We all watch as Flint and Wood grab each others hands and shake once, very hard. Both of them look like they are trying to crush each others hands. "Mount your brooms!"

"Oh god. Here we go." Emma mumbles, she puts her hands over her eyes but looks through the gaps in her fingers.

"Three!... Two!... One!..." Madam Hooch screams. I figure she blows the whistle around her neck but I can only assume because no one can hear anything with the roar of cheers coming from the crowd.

"And its Gryffindor in possession! Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor with the quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goalposts, looking good, Alicia!" Lee commentates.

All of the Slytherins, myself included start to shout profanities and wave our hands and signs in the air wildly trying to cause a distraction.

"Argh, no- Quaffle has been intercepted by Warrington."