Part 6, Chapter 10- Snowy Walks

Violet

I'm sorry I wasn't at Hogsmeade and made you waste your time. I did something really bad. Well, it would have worked if it wasn't for that damned girl. I used the imperious curse on Madam Rosmerta, who then used the imperius curse on that Gryffindor Katie Bell. She was supposed to bring Dumbledore that fucking necklace, it would have worked, it would have killed him. Course she just had to go and have holes in her gloves and she ended up touching it. Blasted Gryffindors, can't even walk back from Hogsmeade without messing things. We can't go to Hogsmeade anymore because of that damned girl. Which means I can't see you for the rest of the year pretty much.

I think Potter and his pets are onto me, but they can't possibly trace it all back to me, I was in McGonagall's classroom writing lines, they can't think that it was me. That fucking necklace cost me a load of money too. You don't think you could send me some? I've run out of ink cause Crabbe is an idiot and spilt it all over me.

I'm having trouble focusing on my studies. Focusing on anything honestly. I've been having trouble falling asleep too and eating, breathing... everything. I don't think I can do this anymore, I know I have to, but I don't think I can. Snape has told me that my mother and he made an unbreakable vow, that he has to keep me safe this year or something. I dunno. I want to come home but I never want to go home again.

I can't stop staring at the Mark on my arm, I've tried to scratch it off with my nails but it does nothing. I've thought of stuff that I'm sure you would hate, jumping off the Astronomy tower being one of them. But I didn't, I went up there and looked over the rail but I didn't. I know you would die if I ever did something like that. I miss you, you always know what to tell me to do, you always know what to say.

Christmas holidays are coming up soon so I'll be coming home I think. I don't want to go home, well except to see you. But I also don't want to stay here any longer. Hogwarts used to be my safe place but now all I want to do is leave here, go live with the mermen or something. I best be off, I've got a potions composition.

Tears fall down my cheeks and make the ink on Draco's letter spread. I just want to hold him, tell him that everything is going to be alright and actually mean it. That's the thing, I can say whatever it is that I want to say but I can't make sure that it will be okay, I can't promise that things will be better soon.

Draco,

Please never, ever, ever say that you are going to throw yourself off the Astronomy tower ever again. You have so much to live for, so much that you haven't even seen yet. When you get home we will do anything but stay at home I promise. We'll go shopping at Diagon Alley, take walks through the forest around the Manor, anything you want.

The necklace idea was pretty ingenious, please don't beat yourself up about it because it didn't work. I would have never of thought of something like that. We can come up with a different plan when you get back here alright? I'll see you this weekend Dray.

Violet

As soon as Draco came home from Kings Cross we went on a walk in the woods that surround the Manor, just the two of us. The snow is falling rather heavily, it's sticking in my eyelashes making it rather annoying to see.

"So... Snape told you that he made the Unbreakable vow with Aunt Narcissa?" I ask Draco once we are far enough away from the Manor.

"Yeah. I was sort of... sneaking out of the common room to get to Dumbledore when no one else would be around and Filch caught me outside of the Slug Clubs party."

I slow my walking pace and look at him, "the Slug Club?" I say laughing.

Draco smiles, "I know it's a stupid name. Professor Slughorn went around school and found all the witches and wizards that he thinks has the greatest potential and ambition and threw them all into a club. Weasley's little sister, Potter, Granger, Blaise..."

"Not you?"

Draco shakes his head and we start walking again, "Not like I would want to be apart of a club with such a stupid name."

I smile, "No, no, you're right. You're a fan of squads, clubs are far too mundane."

Draco rolls his eyes and kicks snow up at me, "Oh come off it." He says laughing, "Anyways, Snape offered to help me with the whole situation. Told him that I didn't need his help that the Dark Lord gave it to me and not him for a reason."

"So you just lied your ass off is what you're telling me."

Draco laughs, "Essentially yeah. I've still haven't been able to figure out how to do it though."

We walk in silence for a bit longer, "What about poison?"

Draco scoffs, "Right yeah because I'll just be able to walk on up to Dumbledore's goblet come dinner time and slip it in."

"Well you could always get someone else to deliver it. Like in a bottle of wine or something." I say shrugging my shoulders a bit.

Draco looks at me like I just said I would give him a thousand galleons, "And this is why you're my favourite cousin!" He says with a massive smile on his face.

"I'm your only cousin you dummy." I bump into him a little and we keep walking.

Draco sighs, "Snow is so peaceful... makes me think that we can all have a fresh start some day you know?"

"I wish I'll have a fresh start one day. Maybe after all this I can move away from home, start a family of my own... I'll be able to raise my kids with the love I was never shown..." Draco continues.

I look at him and smile. I throw my arm over his shoulders and pull him into my side, "So you want kids?" I say smiling.

Draco chuckles to himself, "I think so yeah."

I kiss the top of his head, "You'd be a great father Dray. I can sense it."

"And you're going to be a great aunt to my kids." Draco says smiling, "Have you ever thought of it? Having kids?"

My smile falters, "George and I talked about it a lot. He wanted five kids. I sort of did too honestly... Guess I'll have to change those plans around."

"Have you seen him since you broke up wit him?" Draco asks softly.

I nod, "Well you sort of already know that I snuck off to see him when I went to Flourish and Blotts that one day..." I say, Draco laughs and says 'I knew it'. "Then well, when you didn't show up in Hogsmeade I went to their store. Didn't see him but I saw Fred. He told me I have to stop coming by."

"Well that's rude." Draco says matter of factly.

"Not rude, he was just making sure that both me and his brother didn't get hurt more than we already are."

Draco rolls his eyes, "Didn't you two like have your first proper kiss at Christmas?"

I nod, "Yeah. Neither of us can really remember when we actually started dating so we have been using Christmas as our anniversary."

Draco looks at me with a smirk on his face, 'I'm not saying that you should go see him on Christmas because he's a dirty blood traitor and everything... but you should go see him on Christmas."

"Right and get myself and every single Weasley killed."