Part 4, Chapter 9- A Thousand Galleons

The sorting was quick but the feast was better than ever. Any food you could ever imagine was put out on the tables. Walter ate more than I ever thought he could.

"So!" Dumbledore says after the plates and leftover food was whisked off the tables. "Now that we are all fed and watered, I must once more ask for your attention while I give out a few notices!" The room is dead silent, the only thing we can hear is the rain and the wind against the castle walls. "Mister, Filch the caretaker has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside this castle has been extended to include Screaming yoyos, fanged frisbees, and ever-bashing boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items I believe and can be viewed in Mister Filch's office if anybody would like to check it."

"That's likely," Walter says making Emma and I laugh a little.

I look across the room and lock eyes with George he looks at me and dramatically rolls his eyes which makes me laugh even more.

"As ever, I would like to remind you all that the Forest on the grounds is out of bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year." Dumbledore continues. George keeps making faces at me from the Gryffindor table. "It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house Quidditch cup will not take place this year."

The room erupts into gasps and screams of horror from the quidditch players of each house. "Oh thank god." I say to Emma. I look back at George and he looks like someone hit him in the chest.

"This is due to an event that will be starting in October and continuing throughout the school year taking up much of the teachers time and energy- but I am sure that you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts..."

Thunder rolls over head and the great halls doors slam open with a great bang. A dark figure, dripping wet, is standing in the middle of the doorway, "And who the bloody hell is that?" Walter says clearly very tired of the surprises that Hogwarts seems to throw at us constantly.

The stranger steps into the hall and marches up to the stage where Dumbledore is standing, "Is that Alastor Moody? The Auror?" Emma says. She strains her neck so she can get a better look at him.

"He had some trouble with intruders this morning. Arthur Weasley had to go help him." I say watching this crooked old man step up to the stage and shake Dumbledore's hand.

"What's wrong with his face?" Walter says. I hit him in the arm to get him to shut up.

"May I introduce or new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Dumbledore says to the room, "Professor Moody!"

Everyone in the room claps politely, "God this place is going to the dogs." I hear Draco say a few seats down.

Professor Moody takes his place at the teachers table and Dumbledore clears his throat, "As I was saying. We are going to have the honour of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event which has not been held for over a century. It is my great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"YOUR'RE JOKING!" Fred screams from the Gryffindor table. The room erupts into laughter. George looks just as excited as his brother, they're both staring at Dumbledore like he's the last chocolate frog at Honeydukes.

"I am not joking Mister Weasley, though I did hear an excellet one over the summer about a troll, a hag, and a leprechaun who all go into a bar-" Dumbledore starts but McGonagall clears her throat to get our Headmaster back on track. "Maybe now is not the time. Where was i? Ah yes, the Triwizard Tournament..."