Part 2, Chapter 18- Vegetarianism

The snow outside started to get bad, so bad that our care of magical creatures class was cancelled for the foreseeable future. Which just means we all have more time to bum around the halls. Emma and Adrien have officially broken up after Emma found him kissing Clarissa in the fifth-floor corridor. Now she's refused to do any homework or go to any classes because it's 'just so hard'.

Walter and I promised each other that neither of us will tell anyone about what we told each other, which I'm very thankful for. I haven't had that conversation with George yet. I know he won't care, won't even blink an eye, but it's still nerve-wracking.

"ATTACK! ATTACK! ANOTHER ATTACK! NO MORTAL OR GHOST IS SAFE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! ATAAAAACK!" Peeves screams shooting through the fourth floor. Walter and I, who have been walking aimlessly for the past hour look at each other before running to where ever Peeves rushed off to.

Classroom doors burst open, students and teachers alike flow out of the classrooms and race down the corridor in the same direction we are running in. It didn't take long to reach. A student is lying on the floor completely immobile, beside him a few feet away another figure can be seen.

"That's the Gryffindor ghost! Nearly Headless Nick I think his name is!" Walter mumbles to me. The ghost is lying horizontal, completely unmoving. Instead of pearly and see-through, he looks black and smokey. Something I don't think any of the students gathered around have seen before.

McGonagall pushes herself through the crowd and sets off a big bang with her wand. "Everyone go back to your classrooms this instant!" The crowd quickly disperses. Walter looks at me and shrugs his shoulders. We stay put and watch as McGonagall approaches the scene carefully.

Teachers come from all over, they push past Walter and I and go help, McGonagall. A student in Hufflepuff robes comes sprinting out of a side corridor, "Caught in the act!" They shriek and shove a finger towards Harry Potter, who I didn't realize was even here till that moment. Harry and I make eye contact and I can tell he's just as scared and confused as everyone else is.

Peeves circles above the professor's heads. "oh Potter you rotter, oh what have you done? You're killing off students, you think it's good fun-" Peeves sings. Harry looks like he might cry.

"That's enough Peeves!" McGonagall roars. Peeves shoots away but not before he sticks his tongue out at Harry. "Professor Flitwick, Professor Sinistra take Justin Finch-Fletchley to the hospital wing." McGonagall stands and the two professors rush in and pick the boy up and carry him off.

"What do we do with nearly headless Nick?" Professor Burbage, the muggle studies professor asks looking down at the ghost.

They discuss for a moment before McGonagall waves her wand and conjures up a fan out of thin air, which she gives to the Hufflepuff student with strict orders to waft the ghost up the stairs.

"This way Potter." She gestures for Harry to follow her after watching the Hufflepuff turn the corner to the stairwell.

Harry jogs up to keep up with her pace, "Professor, I swear- I didn't..." He says as they pass us. McGonagall was too far past for us to hear what she says back to him clearly but it can't be good.

Once we are sure we are alone Walter looks at me, "What the fucking hell is going on?"

I blow air out of my nose hard and shake my head, "Whatever it is, we should really tell everyone else."

Walter and I practically run back to the common room and throw open the door. We explain what we saw to everyone there, even the portraits listen to what we have to say. Those people tell their friends, who tell their friends, and you get the idea.