Part 8, Chapter 10- Birthdays, Or Lack There Of In Some Cases

After the wedding, it went back to just George and me at the Burrow with Molly and Arthur. It feels like there is pressure on George and me, to get engaged or married or whatever. I can't get what George said out of my head, 'I'll propose soon then.' Every time I think of it, it makes my heart flutter.

It's the end of March right now, a couple of days till George's birthday. He says he doesn't want to do anything for it though. That he just wants to lie in bed all day. I don't blame him. It's a bad day for us all. Molly says that he hasn't celebrated his birthday since the war.

"Can you teach me how to do that?" George says watching me from the bathroom door with a smile on his face.

I look at him through the mirror. "You want to learn how to braid hair?" I ask a little confused.

George shrugs his shoulders, "Yeah, it's a good skill to have. We might have a daughter one day."

My entire heart hurts when he says that. I fully turn around and look at him, "How are you so fucking sweet?"

George laughs and looks to the ground then back up at me, "So can you? Teach me?"

I take the finished braid out of my hair and grab the brush and a few elastics. "Come on then." We go downstairs and I sit on the floor in front of the couch so he can do my hair.

After explaining how to do it and demonstrating, George starts to braid my hair over and over and over again.

"Ow! God Weasley be careful!" I say laughing.

George kisses the top of my head, "Sorry, sorry." He takes the braid out of my hair and sighs, "They don't look good."

I look up at him, "It's alright if they aren't perfect darling."

"No it's not. I don't want my daughters to have poorly made braids their entire childhood." He brushes my hair again and starts over.

Molly comes into the living room and looks at us, "What are you two up to?" I can hear her smile in her voice.

"George is learning how to braid hair in case we have a daughter." I say casually.

Molly walks over to us and stands in front of me, "Are you...?" She whispers.

"Pregnant? No, no. He's practicing so that if we ever have kids he'll be able to do it." I say smiling.

Molly shakes her head a bit but she's smiling. "You remind me so much of Arthur and I when we were younger you know that? Do you want a snack or something?"

"No we're alright mum. Go relax and read a book or something." George mumbles.

Molly laughs, "Alright then." She heads back out of the living room, pauses in the doorway watching us, then heads out.

"You hear that? You remind your mum of your dad." I say to George, "You're going to go bald."

George tugs on my hair a little, "Will you love me if I lose all my hair and have to get glasses?"

"Hmm, I could deal with the balding but I might have to draw the line at glasses," I say joking.

George tugs my hair again, "You suck you know that?"

"Careful Weasley, keep pulling my hair like that and you're going to turn me on," I say quietly in case that Molly is within earshot.

George leans over my shoulder so he can talk into my ear, "How about we go upstairs then hmm?"

"Under one condition," I whisper. George hums in my ear, waiting for me to continue, "You've gotta wear a bald cap."