Part 3, Chapter 15- Quidditch is my least favourite thing about Hogwarts

For the next week, no one talked about anything but Sirius Black. Which meant that everyone started to give me and Draco strange looks as we pass them in the hallways. Draco loves the attention, he thrives off of the fear and confusion of others and it shows.

I, on the other hand, hates any and all attention from people that I can't control, that I can't manipulate. It's easy controlling the attention you receive from others. People watch me as I talk to Gryffindor students, people watch me as I master skills tests, as I climb to the top of all my classes. That is attention I can control. But this? Being judged by people who don't know me based on my family? That, I don't like.

"Draco. You hurt your arm nearly three months ago. You can play quidditch." I say to my idiot cousin as I try to help him understand his history of magic notes in the library.

"Have you seen what it's like outside? There's no way in hell I'm going to fly in that." Draco says to me. He points with his 'injured' arm at the window nearby. The sky is dark, the winds are howling so loud you can hear them through the stone walls. A crack of thunder makes the walls shake and a flash of lightning brightens the entire library. "See? You really want me, your favourite cousin, to fly in that?"

I roll my eyes and point at his notes, "If you're not going to fly you better get a half decent grade on this test. Now, explain to me one more time, in detail how wizards prevented being burned at the stake."

On the day of the first quidditch match I leave my dorm as soon as I wake up and practically sprint to the great hall in my pyjamas in attempts to find George. Thankfully, he was sitting at the Gryffindor table with the rest of his team talking strategy before the game.

"Oliver hi, Katie, Angelina, Alicia, Harry hello, Fred hi love. George can I talk to you?" I say listing off all the players sitting in front of me.

"LeStrange we are just getting into our-" Oliver starts.

I cut him off quick, "Okay and it won't take very long. Give us a moment." George looks at his team before getting up and following me out of the hall.

"Violet are you okay?" George says looking rather worried.

"Hmm? Oh yeah no I'm fine. I'm fine. It's you I'm worried about. There's a full thunder storm happening outside. If you dare get struck by lighting or- or"

George smiles and kisses my lips, cutting me off mid sentence. "I've played in weather like this before love. Don't worry. If the weather gets too bad Hooch will call it off."

I look at him and do my very best to make my eyes as wide and as innocent as possible. "But Georgie if something happens to you out there..." I say softly. I can physically see George's heart melt at the sight of me, "I'll kill you before you reach the ground. I don't need another reason to visit the hospital wing this year. Once was enough." I finish quickly.

George smiles even bigger now, "Go get dressed you absolute idiot. I promise I'll do my best not to get fried by lighting okay?"

I mumble an okay and he kisses my lips again. "You know its hot seeing you all worried and scared for my safety." He says quietly.

"Fuck off Weasley." I peck him quickly and head back to the dungeons.

"Love you too dumbass!" He calls after me jokingly.

When I get back into the common room the winds outside are worse than they've ever been all year. I get dressed in warm clothes and make sure to bring my very warm, very big, jacket that I've bewitched to repel water.