Part 8, Chapter 8- Wedding Plans and Grimmauld Place

After Christmas, the house was put into full wedding mode in preparation for Ginny and Harry's big day. Which means that George and I try to do everything in our power to be out of the house as much as possible.

"I love my mum, I really do. But when Bill and Fleur got married she was impossible to live with." George says as we are walking down the cobblestone streets of the little town beside the Burrow.

"It's only going to be worse this time around. Ginny's her only girl." I say smiling.

George groans and throws his head back a little, "You know. Fred said something when we were getting ready for Bill's wedding, 'when I get married, I won't be bothering with any of this nonsense. You can all wear what you like and I'll put a full body-bind curse on mum till it's all over.' That's what we're going to do. Everyone can wear whatever they want and mums just going to have to deal with it."

We both go quiet, the thought that Fred was talking about his wedding years ago... thinking that he was talking about marrying Emma... it hurts my heart and by the look on George's face it hurts him too.

"hey... look at me..." I whisper.

George stops walking and turns to face me, he's got tears in his eyes. He looks at me and smiles a bit. "Are you alright?" I whisper to him. I can tell that he's not in the mood to be outside anymore. His social battery is running low.

He kisses my forehead and sighs, "Yeah... I'm good."

"I'm getting sort of tired. Lets head home and take a nap yeah?" I put my hand on his cheek and gently brush my thumb against his lips.

George kisses my thumb a little and smiles, "Thank you." He whispers.

When we get back to the Burrow we manage to sneak back upstairs without Molly noticing. Her, Ginny, and Hermione have set up camp in the dining room planning flowers and other things. Neither Ginny or Hermione are very interested in it all but Molly is very excited about it all.

As soon as we get upstairs George pulls off his sweater and jeans and crawls into bed in his boxers. I pick up a book before I go over and sit on the bed. I lean back into the headboard and George moves over a little so he can use my thighs as a pillow.

Ever since the war I have a problem with silence, I hate it, freaks me out. So I've started to mutter when I read, not loud or anything, but it gives me something to listen to.

George shifts, "You whisper when you read." He says softly.

"Sorry. Draco hated it when we lived together. Said it was annoying" I say back to him.

George shifts again so he can look at me, "Don't be sorry. I like it, hearing your voice." He snuggles his face back into my sweater and it's not long before he's asleep, snoring softy.

The door creeks open and Fergus come trotting in. I watch him as he hops onto the bed and curls up on George's back. I can't help but smile looking at the two of them, looking at my little family that I've created. I play with George's hair with one of my hands while I hold my book with the other.

The door creaks open again and Molly sticks her head in, "Oh sorry, didn't mean to interrupt. Ginny was wondering if you could come downstairs for a moment."

I look down at George, sleeping peacefully, holding onto my waist, "He hasn't been sleeping great recently, he gets really bad nightmares. I don't want to wake him." I say back to her quietly.

Molly smiles at me, "I'll have her come up to talk to you then." She goes to leave then stops and looks back at me, "Thank you." She whispers.

I put my book down and look at her, "Sorry?"