Chapter 8- The Start of Christmas Holiday

The Christmas holidays were just around the corner. Which means the professors are packing on as much homework as possible before they couldn't. Every Slytherin is going home for Christmas. Every Slytherin except for me that is.

"Oh, Violet, please! Christmas just won't be the same without you home." Draco moans as I finish up a roll of parchment.

"Draco I've told you a hundred times. I can't this year. There's too many distractions at home and teachers have really been laying on the homework. Uncle Lucius understands." I reach into the bag that's laying beside me and pull out a second roll of parchment so I can finish up my care of magical creatures essay.

Draco scoffs. "There are no distractions at home! Name one distraction. I bet you can't do it."

"Well for starters." I dip my quill in my inkpot and tap off the excess. "You." I look at Draco and his face falls a bit. "You're the best distraction there is though. But I really need to get this stuff done during Christmas break and I can't have you tempting me with snowball fights and pranking the house-elf." I ruffle Draco's hair and he smiles again.

"Fine but I expect a letter from you on Christmas at least." I nod and shoo Draco away so I can finish my essay. I actually do have loads of homework, but my goal is to get it all done before the break starts at the end of the week. The Weasleys are all staying at Hogwarts for the holidays, their parents are going to Romania to visit their eldest son.

The rest of the week flies by pretty smoothy. Except for the fact that the youngest Weasley at Hogwarts tried to fight Draco. That did put a damper on the Christmas mood.

"All I did was suggest that he get a job helping that big oaf Hagrid around the school to earn his family a bit of money and he ATTACKED ME!" Draco wails. All of his first-year friends gather around him. That Pansy girl is hanging on to every one of his words.

I sit down on one of the big armchairs nearby. "Dunno Draco. Sounds like you egged him on." I say nonchalantly, opening a copy of the Daily Prophet that was left on the table.

Draco stopped and looks at me stunned. "egged him on! I was just suggesting he help out with his families money situation. I mean if they know they don't have loads of money, why have all those kids?"

I flip a page in the paper and look at him over the top of it. "Because money isn't everything Draco. That family is full of love. And that's enough for some people." Draco rolls his eyes and ignores my last comment. He turns back to his 'adoring' fans and they start coming up with ways to get "famous little Potter and his blasted Weasel pet" out of Hogwarts without anyone knowing it was them behind the plan.

When Friday hits, I hug each of my dormmates goodbye. I haven't bothered to change out of my pyjamas, I mean really, who's going to see me

"Happy Christmas girls. See you back here in two weeks." They all wish me happy Christmas as well before they file out of the dorms and make their way to the waiting train. I walk into the common room and see Draco and his friends huddling in the corner.

"Happy Christmas Draco," I say. He turns around and comes over and gives me a big hug goodbye.

"Don't study too hard Violet. Enjoy your Christmas." I peck him on the forehead and he immediately wipes it away. "Now go, you're going to miss the train and be stuck with me all holiday." Draco laughs then runs back to his friends. He grabs the handle of his trunk, waves goodbye, and he and the final group of Slytherins make their way out of the common room.

I wait about an hour before I step into my house slippers and make my way out of the common room. I walk up the many flights of stairs, waving hello to the Bloody Baron as I pass and head to the portrait of the fat lady. Just as planned, George, Fred, and Lee are all waiting by the common room entrance.