Part 7, Chapter 8- Deadly Temper Tantrums

"What did you say to me?" The Dark Lord's voice booms loudly through the Malfoy Manor. He's standing in front of a goblin that he took from Gringotts. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger have just broken into the bank, specifically into my mother's vault, and took something.

The goblin in front of the Dark Lord trembling, he never looked up at the Dark Lord's face, "Say it again." The Dark Lord murmured, "Say it again!"

"M – my lord," The goblin stutters out of sheer fear, fear for his life, "m – my Lord... we t – tried to st – stop them... im – imposters, my Lord... broke – broke into the – into the LeStranges' v – vault..."

My mother shrieks so loud that it makes me jump out of my skin, "Imposters? What imposters? I thought Gringotts had ways of revealing imposters? Who were they?" The Dark Lord asks if words could cut this goblin would be bleeding out at his feet by now.

"It was... it was... the P – Potter b-boy and t – two accomplices..."

"And they took!?" The Dark Lord yells now, his anger gets the best of him. I don't think I've ever seen him this mad, I never want to see it again, "Tell me! What did they take?"

My mother and I take several steps back, people all around us tense up and prepare for the worst, "A...a s – small golden c – cup m – my Lord..."

The Dark Lord screams. Full of pain, anger, fear. He raises his wand, the Elder wand and bright green light fills the entire room and the goblin drops dead. He continues to scream, like someone us cutting him open from the inside out. He turns to the crowd and shoots another flash of green light towards a cluster of people. My mother and I race for the door, everyone races for the door. The Dark Lord never stops screaming, loud, terrifying.

I push a few other Death Eaters out of my way and practically throw myself out of the dining room and I sprint up the stairs. Draco, who was hiding in my room the entire time listening to what was going on downstairs throws open my door and lets me in. He locks it manually and then uses the charms that I've been teaching him to lock it even more.

"What happened?" He asked me panicked.

I press the heels of my hands on each of my temples and my eyes go wide, he almost killed me. He could have killed me. "Harry... Potter and his friends... they broke into my mother's vault, stole something of the Dark Lord's, he's not happy." I say all at once.

Draco looks at me, "Well no shit he's not happy. Was that him making that awful noise?"

I take my hands off my head and look at him, "Watch your language Draco."

Draco rolls his eyes, "Are you seriously telling me to watch my language when the Dark Lord is essentially throwing a very deadly temper tantrum a floor below me in my own house?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you to do because it's the one thing I can control right now," I say to him.

"You can't control me"

"Really? You sure about that?" I say with a half-smile.

Draco looks at the ground and shakes his head a bit, "Ever since you and George broke up you've been insufferable."

"Ever since you were born you've been insufferable." I snap back at him.

Draco raises his eyebrows and smiles, "That's all you've got?"

I laugh to myself, "Leave me alone alright I just survived the deadliest temper tantrum."

"I dunno about that one Vi. Remember when we were kids and mother wouldn't let you have a slice of father's birthday cake? You sent those knives flying in every single direction known to man?"

I glare at him, "I was like six! How do you even remember that anyways, you were four."

"Cause you never forget a steak knife soaring towards your face because your cousin isn't allowed any cake," Draco says staring at me.

"Not as bad as the time you nearly blew up the east wing of the house cause you got in with Uncle Lucius' potion ingredients," I say to him.

"Well, at least I didn't crash into a tree during flying lessons because I was trying to catch a butterfly."

"I wasn't the one who turned the stairs into one of those muggle slide things because uncle Lucius wouldn't let you go play at the muggle playground."

"I'm not the one that fell in love with a blood traitor."

"No you're right, you're the one that fell in love with the bloody chosen one!"

Draco and I are standing in the middle of my room staring at each other looking rather defensive, to the point that if someone came in here they would have thought we were getting ready to duel each other.

"I'm not in love with him." He says matter of factly.

I roll my eyes and go over to my bed. I pick up my copy of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle off of my bedside table and sit in the middle of my bed, "You're a lot like Emma you know."

"Emma? Emma Fay, Emma? That really short girl that wears a lot of pink Emma?" Draco looks at me with his eyebrows raised.

I hum and nod a bit, opening my book up to the page that I've got my bookmark on, "Mmhmm"

Draco sits down on my floor and leans his back onto the wall, "And how do you suppose that we are alike in any way?"

"Both of you are unable to admit your feelings for other people till its too late," I say casually.

Draco makes a noise that roughly translates to, 'I'm offended but I'm a descendant of the house of Black so I'll never admit that I'm offended' and rolls his eyes, "He's dating the Weasley girl now."

"My point exactly, you don't admit it till its too late." I glance up from my book and smirk at him, "It's alright, you'll learn."

"It's alright, you'll learn." Draco says mockingly, "Remind me when the last time you saw George was?"

I glance at him and he can tell that he hit a nerve. He mumbles an apology and pulls out his wand and starts to randomly conjure little birds. I forgot that Draco was of age now, that he's allowed to use magic. I watch him out of the corner of my eye and smile a little. He's grown so much over the past couple of years. Noted he shouldn't have had to grow up as fast as he did but I think he's grown into a strong young wizard. It makes me proud to be his cousin, despite all his faults and there are quite a few if you look hard enough.

"Hey, Dray?" I say after a moment.

Draco looks up at me, "Hmm?"

"I'm proud of you. I'm proud to call you my brother."

Draco looks at me for a minute then quickly looks away, I can tell that he's trying to hide the flush of embarrassment that is making his face pink and the small smile that is on his face.

"I love you dummy," I say to him.

Draco looks at me for a moment and rolls his eyes, but he's smiling pretty big now, "Love you too asshole."

"Language Draco."