Part 3, Chapter 33- My Dearest George...

The train ride back home was long and tiring but we fill the time with exploding snap, jokes, and heaps of photos that I take of them all.

"I can't believe we are going into sixth year. I feel so grown up all of a sudden." Emma says. She's sitting beside Fred but not touching him. Nothing happened after they kissed in the lake that day. When I asked her about it that night Emma said it was a spur of the moment, didn't mean a thing kind of kiss. Which is understandable given the fact that Fred was definitely not in the right mental space that day.

"I'm fucking terrified of getting older. Let's just stay this age forever." I say. I lean my head on George's shoulder and he puts his arm around me.

"The quidditch world cup is this summer! We should all go together!" Walter says. He and Lee are curled up in the corner of the booth happy.

Fred and George look at each other, "Dad can usually get tickets through work but it's not a definite thing. I can write to you all if it happens though, we can meet up after the match or something." Fred says.

"We should also plan a day to go to Diagon Alley together to get all of our things for next year. Two months is so long without seeing you all." Lee says. Walter kisses the top of his head.

"Well I'm going to Italy this summer, But I'm sure father will drag me away to go to the world cup. But I might end up doing my school shopping there." Emma says matter of factly. She then goes on to give us her entire itinerary that her parents have already planned out for her.

When the train pulls into the station I kiss George goodbye with the promise to try and write to him this summer and hug all my friends goodbye. I grab my trunk out of the luggage compartment and head down to the platform. Now that my cat Fergus is fully grown I don't keep him in a carrier anymore, instead he follows me around carefully so he doesn't get lost or stepped on.

I spot Draco's bright blond hair a ways down the platform and push past the crowds of happy families to get to him. He's standing beside a ministry driver that has a sign that reads "Draco Malfoy, Violet LeStrange."

"Looks like mother and father missed us." Draco says under his breath. The driver loads both of our trunks onto a trolly he has and leads us of platform 9 ¾. I pick Fergus up off the ground and carry him in my arms all the way to the car. The driver opens the door for us and closes it once we are settled in. I can hear him trying to get our trunks shoved in the back of the car before hopping into the drivers seat and speeding off.

"Hey... don't be upset. I'm sure Aunt Narcissa and Uncle Lucius are waiting for us patiently at home. You know how Uncle gets when he tries to drive a muggle car." I say to Draco trying to cheer him up.

"I'm not upset. I'm just tired." He snaps back at me. He turns to look out the window and stays like that for the entire ride home.

The driver stops at the gate to the Malfoy manor and opens mine and Draco's doors before getting our trunks out from the trunk. I place a galleon in the drivers hand as a tip and push the gates open.

"Norby is so glad to see Master LeStrange and Master Malfoy!" Our house elf squeals as he comes running down the cobblestone path.

"Grab my things Norby, and don't damage anything." Draco says angrily.

Norby nods a bunch of times and grabs a hold of both mine and Draco's trunks. "Oh Norby, you don't have to do that. I can carry my own things." I say to him. I put my hand on my trunk and Norby squeals.

"No, no Master LeStrange. Norby is happy that you are so caring but Norby must do this himself. Master Malfoy insisted."

I shrug, knowing that it's no real use arguing with a house elf who has orders and I run a bit to catch up with Draco. I take his hand in mine but he pulls away quickly.

We open the front door together and stand in the front foyer just looking at the massive house we call home. Aunt Narcissa pokes her head out of the formal living room and smiles really big. "Oh how I've missed you both!" She says. She comes running out of the living room and pulls us both into a big hug. "Draco, I'll meet you in your room in a moment, I'll help you unpack your things and you can tell me all about your year. Violet dear your uncle and I have to speak to you in his office upstairs."

Draco looks at me, a flash of worry followed by a tinge of jealousy flashes through his eyes. He excuses himself from his mother and stomps up the staircase on the left. Aunt Narcissa takes my hand gently and I follow her up the staircase on the right. "Professor Snape wrote to us and told us you are top of your class! And you got twelve perfect OWLs! We are so proud of you darling!" She coos.

"Thank you auntie. Draco did wonderful this year too! You should see his grade parchment."

Aunt Narcissa knocks on the door to Uncle Lucius' office. The only room that I've never once been inside before. It's dark, only a few candles are lit around the room. The curtains are drawn tightly. Books are stacked neatly on bookshelves, an old riding broom is mounted on the wall behind his desk that sits in the middle of the room.

"Come sit Violet. We have much to discuss." Uncle Lucius gestures to one of the chairs in front of his desk. Aunt Narcissa closes the door behind her and comes to sit on the chair beside mine.

"Did I... Did I do something wrong?" I ask. Aunt Narcissa puts her hand on my knee and squeezes softly shaking her head no.

"It's time Violet. You must step up and take on the families responsibilities this year, this summer in fact. Things are changing and its time that you learn what exactly being apart of this family means." Uncle Lucius says coldly.

"No, No you said I had till the end of my time at Hogwarts before I had to do anything." I look from Uncle Lucius to Aunt Narcissa, "You- you promised me!"

Aunt Narcissa looks like she's about to cry which only brings me more panic. "Plans change darling." she whispers.

"Enough of this nonsense. Violet LeStrange. We took you in after your mother and father risked their lives for the Dark Lord. We raised you the way they would have wanted you raised. So much money spent on tutors and flying lessons and teaching you proper etiquette. Now it's time for you to repay the favour."

My eyes sting from trying to hold back my tears. "Favour? I was just a child when you took me in! I needed you! I needed my family! That is not a debt I need to repay!" I cry out.

Uncle Lucius slams his fist on his desk to silence me. "You've known your entire life that one day you would have to grow up and truly become a part of this family. Your mother was the Dark Lord's most powerful and loyal supporter and she would have wanted you to become the same. Not doing so will result in the loss of this family. You will lose everything. Your money, your friends, your last name. You will lose this house!" He leans forward and whispers the next bit, "You will lose us. You will lose Draco. Is that what you want?"

A single tear drips from my eye and I quickly wipe it away, "No sir." I whisper.

Uncle Lucius leans back in his chair and he smiles, it looks strange on his face. "Good. Now the first thing I need you to do is simple." He pulls out a piece of parchment, an ink pot, and a quill from his desk drawer and pushes it towards me. "Break up with your Weasley. End it all. You will not speak to him again."

I look at the parchment in front of me and start sobbing silently. Aunt Narcissa reaches out and brushes my tears away. With a shaky hand I pick up the quill and dip it in the ink.

My Dearest George...