Part 4, Chapter 10- What? It's Just Basic Maths

"Where did you go?" Emma asks me when I get into the Slytherin common room.

My cat Fergus comes padding over to me and I pick him up. My friends and I go sit by the back wall where there is an empty couch. "I had a chat with George. He and Fred are going to try and get their names into the draw for the tournament."

Emma gasps and Walter just rolls his eyes, "How are we even friends with such idiots." He says.

I shrug my shoulders, Fergus curls up in my lap and falls asleep purring softly, "The real question is how am I dating such an idiot."

"You talked him out of it though right? I mean he can't be that stupid." Emma pushes.

I explain the fight I had with George to my friends, by the end of it I'm exhausted so I excuse myself and head to bed.

The next day everyone is still talking about the Tournament. I have a strong feeling that no ones going to talk about anything but till the other schools get here.

"First day of classes and we don't have any till this afternoon." I sit down at the Slytherin table and look at my schedule.

Emma peers over my shoulder, "Who else is in charms do you know?"

Walter takes the biggest bite of his cereal and talks with his mouth full of food, "All of us do, Jordy, George, and Fred."

"I've been meaning to ask you. How are you and Lee doing? I mean you were pretty snuggly in the Hogwarts Express so I'm going to assume that you're still together?" Emma rips off a piece of her toast and shoves it in her mouth.

"We spent a lot of time together over the summer. I met his parents, he's met mine. We did a lot of... stuff." Walter chugs his entire cup of orange juice.

"Like... stuff stuff?" Emma giggles.

I roll my eyes, "We're nearly adults Em you can just call it sex." I say spreading marmalade on my toast.

Emma sticks her tongue out at me, "Alright fine." She looks back at Walter who is smiling at me, "Walter, did you and Lee have sex yet?"

Walter smiles to himself and shrugs, "Might have yeah." Emma and I both squeal and start hollering. We get looks from the surrounding Slytherins as well as Snape who doesn't look very pleased with our behaviour this morning.

When breakfast ends we find our favourite Gryffindors and we head outside into the sun for the first half of the day. Because we don't have classes till later none of us are in uniform which is my favourite thing.

"Sixth year charms, Bill said it was nearly impossible to get a high grade." Fred says after we find a spot in the yard to spend our time.

George sits down and spreads his legs so I can sit between them and use him as a backrest. "Has anyone looked through the textbook yet? There's only six main charms we are learning, including non verbals." George says.

Emma lays in the grass flat on her back staring up at the clouds that are floating by. "Do you thin we'll get through them all with the Triwizard tournament happening? Like are these people joining in on our classes and things? How are we expected to keep up with our studies. We could barley keep up last year."

Fred pulls up some grass and sprinkles it across Emmas face. She sputters, sits up, and pushes him over. "She's got a good point though. Especially if you two geniuses actually manage go get your names in the draw." Lee says.

George wraps one of his arms around me, "We have to figure out how we are going to do that Freddie. An ageing potion might be our only way."

Fred sits up and brushes off all the grass that Emma has layered on top of him, "Hermione brought up a good point last night though, an ageing potion might not be enough. This is Dumbledore we are talking about."

"But that's just it. Dumbledore is going to expect greatness from those trying to sneak into the draw. He's probably thinking that everybody's just going to blow past the idea of an ageing potion because its so dimwitted." Lee says.

Fred's face lights up, "So you're going to help us? We'll spit the prize money three ways if it works."

"Yeah Jordon come on! The three amigos or whatever the muggles say." George says from behind me. I don't try to pick a fight or anything this time. I'm not their mother I can't tell them what to do.

Lee looks at Walter and Walter just shrugs, "Yeah I'll help. I could go with having... how many galleons each exactly would it be if we won?"

"333 each and another left over." Emma says. We all look at her with our eyebrows raised and she looks at us in the same way, "What? It's just basic maths."

"Hey babe, doesn't Viktor Krum go to Durmstrang?" I lean back onto George's shoulder and try to look at his face.

"Viktor Krum? The Viktor Krum! He's going to be at Hogwarts this year!" Emma screeches.

"Just because he goes to Durmstrang doesn't mean he'll be coming to Hogwarts. I don't think he's old enough to compete."

"That's not stopping you." Walter says. George huffs and I wiggle around a bit so I can kiss him on the cheek.

"He's eighteen. The hottest eighteen year old in the world." Emma says dreamily. "You don't suppose he's single do you?"

Walter bunches up his spare sweater and tosses it at her. It hits her in the face and we all burst into laughter.

A little before the lunch bell rings we decide it would be best to get changed and ready for class. With a quick peck from George I head towards the Slytherin common room with Emma and Walter.

"Wait Violet, you're taking potions this year aren't you?" Emma says as she pulls on her sweater vest overtop of her white undershirt.

I straighten my tie and look at myself in the mirror, "Uh yeah, why?" I turn to look at her. She passes me my bookbag and we head out of our dorm and wait for Walter in the common room.

"If you study love potions..."

"I am not going to steal love potion for you." I say to her.

Walter comes up to us smiling, "Love potions? Again?"

"I just want to know, truly, what I desire the most is all."

We leave the common room and walk through the dungeons and into the great hall, "Just buy a vile of it when we go to Hogsmeade next. Doesn't the tea place sell it?"

"I'll buy you some for Christmas if you want it so bad." Walter says. We sit near the end of the Slytherin table and wait for the food to appear.

"Speaking of Christmas... The boys have been working non stop on their joke store. And they need a lot of money to get it started up. If I was give them a bunch of money for it, would you guys pitch in?" I ask.

"Couse I will! I saw a few first years pouring over one of their order sheets in the hall this morning. I can't believe those two idiots are running a secret business in the castle." Emma says. Plates full of sandwiches appear at both ends of the table and slowly start to float past us. I grab a plate out of the air, take a sandwich for myself and pass the plate to Emma.

"It's really impressive I think. Molly burned all of their order sheets and a bunch of merchandise and supplies over the summer. They're selling what they have left and saving the profits."

"Imagine if Filch bans all of their joke things. That's a better legacy than any of these paintings and ghosts and things." Walter says.