Part 7, Chapter 9- The Wait

"Get up! Get UP!" My mother's voice echoes through the house.

I instantly jump out of bed and get changed, running downstairs with my wand in my hand.

When I get downstairs the entire bottom floor is full of Death Eaters, I had to literally elbow our way to my aunt and uncle.

"Auntie, Uncle? What's going on?" I ask.

My aunt looks at me, "It's time, we're going to Hogwarts, Potter's there."

Nearly as soon as she says those words people around us start to apparate away, heading for Hogwarts or as close as they can get to it.

I land in Hogsmeade, the entire town is full of Death Eaters in big black cloaks, waiting, muttering, eager. Then, the Dark Lord himself.

He appears to have dropped out of the sky and land in front of the crowd that's gathered. More and more people start arriving, hundreds of dark cloaks swarm me. I shove my way through the crowd, using my elbows to make things easier, nearly bumping into the Dark Lord himself.

"Good evening!" The Dark Lord's voice rings out, the entire town goes silent almost instantly, "I have just given the students and staff of Hogwarts a message! Half an hour to deliver Harry Potter to me and no one will be injured!"

I can hear people shift in their boots, their cloaks brushing against each other. A soft wind blows through the crowd sending involuntary chills down my spine.

"If they do not comply! I want the castle taken by force, nothing is off bounds! Except for the boy. The boy is mine!" The Dark Lord continues.

Then we wait. In dead silence. I've got butterflies in my stomach but not the good kind. I never take my eyes off the castle. I can just make out the shimmering of a protection spell being place around the castle grounds.

I look around me for a moment then back at the castle, the protection charm is nearly touching the ground. Draco is in there. George is in there. The entire Weasley family is in there. Walter is in there. Lee is in there. And I'm going to fight like hell to make sure they stay alive.

The crowd shifts behind me and a few people bump into me, "I could spot you from a mile away." Emma says coming up beside me.

"Are we really going to have to destroy our home?" I recognize Graham's voice from behind me.

"I'm gonna be sick," Miriam whispers. I look over my shoulder and my entire graduating class is behind me, standing tall, standing strong. I've missed them this year, with everything going on it's been hard to see each other. Hard to actually have a conversation with each other.

"You shouldn't be here Miriam." Cassius whispers, "You're pregnant."

Everyone around me turns and looks at Miriam and Cassius. They've both got matching silver rings on their hands so I can assume that they've gotten married. "Congratulations you two." Clarissa says smiling, "Next-generation Slytherins are already being conceived and there might not be a school for them to go to in the next few hours."

"Cass is right." Adrian says, "You shouldn't be here Miriam."

Miriam rolls her eyes and stops her foot a bit, "I've got to protect my school, protect my family." She looks at all of us when she says family which makes my heart swell, "Do you know how much it would pain me to be stuck at home not knowing what is going on?"

Cassius goes to speak but Miriam shakes her head and stands her ground. Tough girl she is, I've always liked her.

The Dark Lord turns around and looks at the castle. People are spewing out of the doors and lining up on the grounds, preparing to fight. I wish I was on that side, I'd do anything to be on that side.

The Dark Lord raises his wand in the air and aims it at the protection spell around the school. Everyone around me does the same. We all start shooting any and all spells we could think of at the protection spell. It weakens before my eyes but it doesn't fade. Not till the Dark Lord shoots a bright orange light from his wand... The Elders wand.

The protection spell falls. The Dark Lord turns around to look at us.

"BEGIN!"