Part 2, Chapter 19- Not Your Average Dinner

By the time I wake up the next day, my entire dorm room is cleared out of everything that doesn't belong to me. I pick up my robe that's hanging on one of my bed posters and wrap it around me, put my new hat in my trunk, and walk barefoot out of my dorm and into the common room. Walter and Draco are having a heated conversation in the middle of the room as Crabbe and Goyle sit by watching the whole thing go down.

"Its far too early to be talking about quidditch this aggressively." I yawn into my hand and sit down on a big chair nearby. I bring my knees up to my chin and look over at Draco. My cat Fergus comes over beside me and I unfold my legs so he can sit in my lap.

"It's nearly noon Vi. We didn't know if we should wake you or not. Emma said not to when she left but that was a long time ago." Draco says to me.

I yawn again and pull the hood of my robe up. "I'm going to go for a walk. Wally, care to join me?"

Draco rolls his eyes, "Violet I'm nearly thirteen, I know what taking a walk means." Draco says matter of factly.

"Draco your birthday is in June, you've just turned twelve." I stand up, holding Fergus to my chest. Walter follows suit. "Stay out of trouble you three. I'd rather you not completely ruin my Christmas holiday." I look from Draco to his friends Crabbe and Goyle before I pad my way over to the door and walk out of the common room with Walter.

"Where are we even going? Why are you bringing your cat?" Walter says to me. "Violet you're not even wearing shoes!"

"That's because we aren't going outside. I don't see a point in wearing shoes if you're not outside."

I walk out of the dungeons and towards the grand staircase, my robe wrapped tightly around my waist, Fergus pressed tightly to my chest "You really have to start trusting me, Wally. Have I ever lead you in the wrong direction?"

"There was that one time in first year when you swore up, down, and sideways that you knew how to get to transfiguration class. We got stuck on the staircase for at least an hour." Walter says. We start walking up the stairs.

"Okay, but recently. Have I ever gotten you in trouble?" I look at Walter as we wait for the second-floor staircase to come back around. He doesn't say anything, "What I thought." We manage to climb up all the way to the seventh floor and reach the Fat Lady portrait that conceals the Gryffindor common room.

The Fat Lady looks Walter and I up and down, finally she says. "Password?"

"Where are you taking me?" Walter whispers.

"Wattlebird," I say to the Fat Lady. Her portrait swings off the wall to expose a rounded hole in the wall. Instantly the smell of cinnamon and burning wood fills my nose. "Come on Wally hurry up." I grab his hand and pull him into the room. A firework zips past my ear and explodes behind me when Walter and I fully get into the room.

"The Gryffindor common room? You've got to be barking mad." Walter says looking around the circular room.

George and Fred come racing down the stairs that lead to the boy's dorms. The same dorms I stayed in last Christmas. "Did it work? Did the firework go out or did it explode and keep going?" Fred says out of breath.

"It died as soon as it exploded," Walter says kicking the firework shell on the ground.

"Bloody hell!" Fred cries out angrily. He storms over and grabs the shell off the ground. "Nice to see you both. Walter welcome to our common room." Fred says, he blows a stay hair off his forehead.