Part 5, Chapter 2- Death Eater Meetings

It's been a month since that awful night. I got responses from each of the people I sent letters to. Clarissa, Emma, Henrietta, Cassius, Graham, and Miles all had to get the Dark Mark as well. The Dark Lord came to visit them on the same day as he gave me mine.

I've been talking with George as well. He and his family aren't staying in the Burrow right now, instead, they are staying with Sirius and Remus at number twelve Grimmauld Place. He wants me to go, stay with them but Grimmauld place is essentially the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix. Somewhere that I am definitely not allowed to be with this mark on my body.

Someone knocks on my door and I shove all the letters from my friends into the top drawer of my desk. I wave my hand in front of it and place an undetectable locking charm on it, "Come in!" I say politely.

Aunt Narcissa steps carefully into the room. My heart sinks, I thought it might have been Draco. We haven't really spoken since our argument. "We need you downstairs Violet. The Dark Lord requests it. Get dressed and come down right away."

I nod, but she doesn't leave. She goes over to my closet and pulls the doors open. She hums while she looks through my things. I watch her pull out a pair of black dress pants, a white tank top and a blazer. "This will do nicely." She says, holding the blazer out in front of her.

She turns to look at me, "Has it healed nicely?" She asks softly.

I run my thumb against the sleeve of my shirt. Ever since I got the mark I've been wearing nothing but long sleeve shirts so I don't have to see it all the time. I shrug, "It burns sometimes but other than that it's alright."

Aunt Narcissa places the blazer on my bed, "When it burns it means that the Dark Lord is summoning you for a meeting or something else important."

"It's annoying," I say standing from my desk and going over to the clothes that she's picked out for me.

"Don't say that Violet." Aunt Narcissa says coldly.

I look at her as I unbutton my pyjama shirt. "It is though. Is that why you don't have one?"

Aunt Narcissa turns around to give me some privacy, "I never thought I needed a mark to show my support for the Dark Lord. And because Lucius has one, I can be updated by his so I don't need it."

I pull the tank top she's chosen for me over my head and shimmy out of my pyjama pants and put on the dress pants. "Why didn't you stop them? Why did I have to get one?"

Aunt Narcissa turns around as I pull the blazer on, "Your mother would kill me if you didn't get it." She comes over to me and fixes the collar on my blazer, I flinch a little at her touch.

"My mother is going to be in Azkaban for the rest of her life. She wouldn't have known." I say coldly.

Aunt Narcissa takes a step away from me, she looks a little hurt but I don't care. I want her to hurt as bad as I'm hurting. "Come downstairs, Violet." She says. She goes over to my bedroom door and opens it for me. I pad over to her in my bare feet and walk out the door. Aunt Narcissa steps in front of me and starts down the left staircase. I follow her slowly. I can hear a door creak open as I go down the stairs and I make eye contact with Draco, His head is stuck outside of the door. He watches me go all the way down the stairs. Aunt Narcissa walks straight through the front foyer, through the kitchen and into the dining room. The stone table has been elongated with magic, about thirty people are sitting at the table with the Dark Lord at the head of it. It takes me a moment to register that I actually know some of the people sitting at the table. Emma being one of them. I could hardly recognize her, she looks tired... no that's not the right word. Exhausted is better. She's also not wearing the cream, flowy dresses that I'm used to her wearing. She's in all black, from head to toe.

I pass Clarissa and her parents, as well as Miles and his parents as I walk to the head of the table. The Dark Lord has his arms outstretched to me, "Ah... Violet. So glad you could join us." He says in his fragile voice. The way he speaks has been getting on my nerves all summer but I hold my tongue.

I go over to him, bow my head, and gently kiss his cheek like he always makes me do. Then I go sit down beside Emma. Instantly the grabs my hand under the table and I can see some tension leave her body immediately.

"Now that I have my strength back... I need my followers." The Dark Lord says airily. "My most devoted. The ones that did not lie about their devotion to save themselves."

The energy in the room changes almost immediately, I can see some people shift in their seats, "My Lord, I could not risk being locked in Azkaban, my mother, She needed me." One of the people around the table says.

It happened almost instantly. The Dark Lord took his wand out from under his cloak. He points it at the man who spoke and the man begins to float out of his chair. Higher. Higher. No one dares to watch though. I squeeze Emma's hand tightly and she does the same to me. We can hear the man hit the tall ceiling with a dull thud. Then. He falls. He lands right in front of Emma and I, she jumps but I dig my nails into her hand so she doesn't make a noise.

"My Lord..." The man groans.

The Dark Lord stands from his chair and raises his wand behind his head, "Avada Kedavra!" He cries. It's like I'm watching things in slow motion the man on the table tries to flinch away but a blast of bright green light hits him square in the head.

The man goes limp. Emma squeezes my hand so tight that I can feel her nails pierce through my skin. "Lucious... remove him." The Dark Lord says.

Uncle Lucius stands and levitates the body of the man off the table and out of the room. The Dark Lord smiles as Uncle Lucius passes him. "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted." The Dark Lord says calmly, "I will be needing you, all of you... to help me get my loyal followers out of Azkaban."

The adults in the room nod in agreement. The Dark Lord looks at me, then Emma, then Miles, and Clarissa. "My youngest children... This will not concern you and you are free to leave. How about you practice some Apparition for us all."

Emma, Miles, Clarissa, and I stand from the table. I never let go of Emma's hand though. First Miles disappears, then Clarissa.

"Don't let go of me. Trust me." I whisper to Emma. She looks at me, then tightens her grip on my hand.

I clear my brain of everything, everything besides the address that George gave me. Number twelve Grimmauld Place. I take a deep breath and spin in a circle. I'm suddenly weightless, but I can feel Emma holding onto me. It feels like the longest trip I've ever taken using apparition. When my feet hit the solid ground I'm scared to open my eyes.

'Violet? Where the fuck are we?" I hear Emma say. I open my eyes and we are in a very dark room that's full of cobwebs and other junk. I can hear people clambering upstairs.

I pull my wand out from the back of my pants and hold it tight. The door opens, light shines through the dark room. "Violet?" The person lowers their wand so I can see who they actually are.

"Sirius!"