Part 2, Chapter 20- Christmas

"You people are not drinking! You're underage!" Percy storms into the room when he hears that Walter and I have brought alcohol.

"You could go for a drink. Loosen up a bit." Fred says, grabbing the bottle of fire whiskey from me and popping the top off.

"Ooh, can I have some?" Ron jumps over the back of the couch and comes over to his brother.

"No!" Everyone in the room says in unison.

Walter takes a clear bottle out from where ever he was hiding it and puts it on the coffee table with all the desserts that Dumbledore sent to us. "What's this?" George picks up the bottle and reads it out loud "Smirnoff Vodka?"

"Yeah, it's a muggle drink. You have to mix it with something though or else it tastes awful." Walter pours a cup of pumpkin juice, and snags the bottle of Smirnoff vodka away from George and pours some of it in the same cup.

That starts our night. We drink both bottles dry between the four of us. Ginny gets annoyed with us and goes up into the girl's dorm with Hermione. Harry and Ron stay down in the common room with us. Watching as we try to play wizard chess drunk.

"Alright, Violet and I should head back to our dorms. We'll see you lot tomorrow." Walter stands up and helps me to my feet.

"Bye boys!" I say cheerily. Fred stands up to give me a hug. George stands and kisses me before Walter and I walk out of the common room. Because there's no curfew in place during the holidays Walter and I are free to walk as slow as we please.

"Hogwarts Hogwarts Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts Teach us something PLEASE!" Walter sings.

"Whether we be old and bald or young with scabby knees!" I continue the school's song as we skip through the corridor.

"What does that line even mean, I mean seriously?" Walter says. I open the common room door and we walk in together.

"That's the line you have problems with? What about for now they're bare and full of air. Dead flies and bits of fluff."

"Do you think I can stay in Emma's bed for the holidays? I hate being alone at night." Walter asks.

"Course you can. Come on."

The days leading up to Christmas day were some of the best I've ever had. Walter and I spent the majority of our time with the Weasleys but we also hung around with Draco and his friends as well. Without the pressure of school, his classmates, or his parents, Draco loosened up a lot and started acting like he did when we were children.

On Christmas day Draco comes bursting into my room, his hands full of all the presents his parents have sent. "Violet! Violet wake up! Let's open our presents together." Groaning, I roll out of bed and sit on the floor with him. Walter wakes up and shuffles over to his presents.

I open all the presents that Uncle Lucius and Aunt Narcissa sent me. Which included two new pairs of trousers, a few blouses, a new black belt, cat toys for Fergus, more parchment, a batch of cookies made by Dobby our house elf. That and a bunch of sweets from Honeydukes and a note apologizing for not being around at Christmas.

"Here Draco, I have a present for you too." I reach over and pull out Draco's present from my trunk and pass it to him.

He rips open the wrapper and pulls out Quidditch Through the Ages. "Thanks, Violet! I've wanted this book for a while!" He flips through the pages stopping at a few to read them more carefully.