Part 5, Chapter 39- Goodbye Hogwarts, I'll Miss You

I get a letter from my Aunt Narcissa the next day.

The war has begun. Lucious is in Azkaban

My heart falls through my chest almost. "Violet? What's wrong?" Emma asks me, looking up from her cereal bowl.

I don't answer her, I just get up and run down the table to where Draco is sitting. He's holding onto an identical slip of parchment as mine. "Come with me Draco," I say putting my hand on his shoulder.

Draco turns to look at me before getting up from the bench and following me out of the great hall. People everywhere are reading the newest copy of the Daily Prophet. I haven't read it but by the look on everyone's faces, and the fact that everyone is watching Draco and I leave the hall I can assume that they've read about Uncle Lucius being thrown into Azkaban.

I pull Draco down a hidden corridor, one that Fred and George showed me years ago. As soon as we are alone Draco starts to sob. Loud, ugly sobs that rack his entire body. "I don't want a war." He says choking on his own breath.

I hold him against me and let him cry into my shirt, "I know darling I know." I coo.

That only makes Draco cry louder, The-y they're g-gonna ma-ake me get the-e Mark aren't they?" He chokes. Draco pulls away and I slick all of his hair out of his face and hold his head in my hands, "I-I don't wan-t i-it any mo-ore."

"Take deep breaths for me, Dray. Come on." I breathe in and out slowly, demonstrating what I want Draco to do. It takes a minute but he slowly starts calming down. "You won't be alone alright? I'll be here with you." I brush tears off of his face with my thumbs, "I'm not going anywhere." I whisper.

Draco takes a big shaky breath, "You've got to get out. Go with Fred and George. I've always liked those two." He says.

I pull him back into my chest, "I'm not going anywhere you hear me?" I cling onto the back of his robes like my life depends on it, "I'm not going anywhere."

Once Draco is fully calmed down again we go back out into the Great Hall. He goes back to sit with his friends and I watch him sit down before I sit down with Emma and Walter. "Is it true? Your uncle is in Azkaban?" Emma whispers.

I nod a few times, "That's what the note from my aunt says. They're going to make Draco get the mark this summer I can feel it."

Walter looks at me, "But isn't he too young? He's only going into his sixth year."

I snatch a copy of the Daily Prophet out of the hands of the girl sitting beside me. She goes to say something but when she realizes that it was me she turns back to her friends. I unfold the paper and read the article on the front page. I put it down on the table so Emma and Walter can both read it. I point at the comment from the minister. "He practically just declared war. Which means that the Dark Lord is going to start recruiting everyone and everything. By the looks of things, he's gotten the Dementors on his side now and I'm pretty sure that he's also got the giants."

Emma looks at me, "So we're fucked?"

I nod, "Yeah, we're fucked."

We both look at Walter who looks like he's going to start to cry. "I don't want to fight against you two." He whispers. "I don't want to have to kill you."

Emma and I reach out across the table and hold onto Walter's hands, "We'll be alright Wally don't worry." I say to him. "This shit doesn't change how we feel about you. You're my best friend."

Emma scoffs, "I thought I was your best friend?"

The three of us laugh, something that I think won't happen again for a very long time. After breakfast, we head back to our common room to grab our things so we can meet the train on time.