Part 4, Chapter 12- Flying Ferrets

"Violet! Violet come quick! Your cousin- Harry Potter... Hurry up!" A first-year Slytherin student comes running up to me and my friends in the corridor outside of the great hall that we were just about to walk into.

I turn and look at all my friends, we then all race after the first year and run into the great hall to watch as our new Professor, Mad-eye Moody, whip out his wand and turn my cousin into a ferret.

"Draco!" I scream. I rush over and reach down to the ground to pick him up, Crabbe and Goyle are standing there shocked to their core.

"Leave it!" Professor Moody yells. He turns around, his wand now pointed at me. I pull mine out of my robes fully ready to defend both myself and my cousin.

"Don't you point your wand at me," I say, my voice deep, rage bubbling through my body.

Professor Moody doesn't move, "I am your teacher Miss LeStrange, you will due well not to speak to me in that tone." He seethes.

"And you will due well not to turn my cousin into a ferret." I snap back at him.

Professor Moody flicks his wand from me to Draco... ferret... ferret Draco, and flings his small body into the air. He bounces him off the floor and back up into the air again.

"Someone go get a damned teacher!" I can hear Emma scream.

I raise my wand and step towards Professor Moody, "Put him down you crazy old man." My wand hand is shaking with anger, my cheeks are red hot.

"I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back's turned." Moody says throwing Draco in the air higher and higher. "Stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do..."

I flick my wand and a white hot orb soars out of it and narrowly misses Professor Moody's head, "I said put him down." I say, stalking towards the teacher.

"Violet, if you attack a teacher there is no coming back from that." George warns. He's moved from the entrance of the great hall to my side.

"Never- do- that- again." Moody says, bouncing Draco on the floor with every word.

"Professor Moody!" I hear McGonagall's shrill voice from a bit away, "Miss LeStrange, lower your wand!"

I lower my wand hand slowly, but my eyes are fixed on Professor Moody with a type of anger I've never felt before. "Hello Professor McGonagall." Moody says, still bouncing Draco up and down in the air.

"What- what are you doing?" McGonagall says, taking the entire situation in.

"Teaching."

"You dirty, lying, piece of shit I should have aimed at your damn forehead." I scream and point my wand back at the teacher.

George and Fred grab one of my arms each and pulls me away from Moody so I don't hurt anyone or get myself in serious trouble.

"Is that a student!" McGonagall's small brain finally clueing in.

"Techincally it's a ferret." Moody says, still slamming Draco's now small body into the floor repeadidly.

"Its Draco!" I scream. I fight against Fred and George's grip but they don't budge.

"No!" McGonagall shouts. She whips out her wand and with a loud pop the ferret turns back into Draco. Fred and George let go of my arms and I run over to Draco's side and throw myself on the floor beside him. There's a big gash on his forehead and his nose is bleeding rather badly.

"Violet... could you please write to father? He has to hear about this..." Draco whispers. His eyes are full of tears but I know he won't let anyone see him cry. I help him to his feet and George comes over and helps me balance Draco between us.

McGonagall starts to yell at Professor Moody about the proper way to go about punishing students while George and I struggle to get him out of the way of Moody.

"Your father?" Moody says cutting off McGonagall and focusing back on Draco. He limps forward, his wooden leg clacking on the cobblestone floor. George shrugs all of Draco's weight onto him so I can move away and stand between Moody and Draco. "Well I know your father of old boy... you tell him that Moody's keeping a close eye on his son... and his niece." He says looking me up and down. "Your mother would be ashamed of your aim Miss LeStrange, she never missed her target." He says that part in a low voice so only I could hear.

I turn on my heels and go back over to George and Draco. I help Draco out of the great hall and up to the hospital wing. Emma, Lee, Walter, and Fred follow close behind us in case one of us trips up the steps.

Once we are out of ear shot Fred starts to laugh, "I can't believe that actually just happened."

I don't have to see her to know that Emma just swatted him with her charms book, I can hear the dull thud of it hit his arm and his shriek of pain, "Now is not the time for jokes Fred!" She says. Fred mumbles an apology and we walk in silence for the rest of the trip to Madam Pomfrey's hospital.

When we get there Madam Pomfrey instantly throws open the door and helps George and I get Draco into a bed. "He's going to stay here tonight and possibly for a few nights after that depending on the state of his injuries. The broken nose and the cut I can heal with no problem but I'm worried about a serious head injury."

"Do you have some spare parchment? I have to write to my uncle about what happened." I ask, my eyes never leaving Draco. Madam Pomfrey walks over to her desk to get me writing materials. I pull up a chair and sit beside Draco's bed. George pulls one up and sits beside me.

Madam Pomfrey returns and gives me writing things and she goes off to start preparing medicine to heal Draco. "I can't believe you threatened a professor." George whispers, he sure knows how to put a smile on my face.

"It's quite literally the first day of classes and my cousin got himself turned into a ferret." I say through uncontrolled laughter. George helps me write a quick note to my aunt and uncle explaining what happened and the threatening words from Professor Moody about how he is watching Draco and I. I address the envelope to my aunt because I still don't want to speak to my uncle quite yet.

The medicine that Madam Pomfrey gives Draco makes him fall asleep instantly so George and I leave. The rest of our friends are still in the hallway waiting for us.

"Is he alright?" Walter asks quietly.

I nod a few times and sniff my nose, "He'll be fine, Pomfrey wants to keep him in the hospital for a while to make sure that he doesn't have a bad head injury."

"Here give me the letter for your aunt and uncle. Fred and I will take that to the owlery for you so you don't have to. You owl's name is Otis right?" Emma says taking the note out of my hand.

"Yeah... thank you guys so much. And thank you Fred and George for stopping me from killing a professor I haven't even had class with yet. Imagine how long the note to my aunt and uncle would be then." I say. Fred nods and he and Emma head off to the owlery. The rest of us head back downstairs to catch the end of dinner so we don't starve all night.

"You think that something is happening between those two?" Lee asks refrencing Emma and Fred.

"If it is, he didn't tell me anything." George says. He hold onto my hand and swings our arms together in rhythm with our steps.

"Alright but doesn't he like Angelina?" Walter says.

George shrugs his shoulders, "I don't really know at this point if I'm being quite honest with you all. I'd prefer it if he dated Emma though, she would be good for him. Make him softer and care more about people and all that crap." George says, "Just like what I do for Violet."

Lee and Walter laugh and I bump my hip into George making him stumble a little, "I'm a caring person with or without you George Weasley." I say.

"Right and we all just imagined you nearly taking off our Professors head in front of the whole school."