Part 2, Chapter 4- Beach day

The door in the kitchen creaks open and slams shut, Followed by a groan, a chair squeaking, and the door being thrown open again.

"Arthur must be home," Molly says. She takes the book away and puts it back on the shelf. She nods towards the kitchen and I head out of the living room and back into the kitchen.

"Find anything interesting dad?" Fred asks Mr Weasley. Fred is sitting rather close to his father, he looks like a little kid on Christmas. I join the table and sit in the empty chair beside George.

"All I got were a few shrinking door keys and a biting kettle." Mr Weasley yawned loudly, just like Fred and George do. "There was some pretty nasty stuff that wasn't in my department though. Mortlake was taken away for questioning about some extremely odd ferrets but that's the committee on experimental charms thank goodness."

"Why would anyone bother making door keys shrink?" George asks his father.

"Sounds like something you and Fred would conjure up if I'm being honest with you," I say back. Fred and George look at each other, clearly making a mental note.

"Just muggle baiting." Mr Weasley responds. Then he stops. Looks up. Tilts his head, "Sorry, who are you?" He asks looking at me.

"Oh um, Violet LeStrange?" I say awkwardly.

Mr Weasley looks at me harder than looks at George's hand intertwined with mine on the table. "Ah right then. Anyways. It's very hard to convict anyone when it comes to shrinking keys. No muggle would admit that their key keeps shrinking, they'll just say they lost it. Bless them, they'll go to any lengths to ignore magic, even if it's staring them in the face... but the things our lot have taken to enchanting, you wouldn't believe."

"LIKE CARS PERHAPS!" Molly shouts from behind Mr Weasley.

Mr Weasley looks at us all and gulps before he turns around to face his angry wife. "C-cars Molly dear?"

Molly storms fully into the room, her eyes darting from her husband to her children. "Yes Arthur cars. Imagine a wizard buying a rusty old car and telling his wife that all he wanted to do with it was take it apart to see how it works, while REALLY he was enchanting it to make it fly!" Molly says, her hands on her hips, her eyebrow twitching.

Mr Weasley blinks, the rest of us get quite uncomfortable. "Well dear, I think you'll find that he would be quite within the law to do that even if, er, he maybe would have done better to um, tell his wife the truth..." He looks at us as if expecting one of us to help him out of the argument. We all duck our heads and look away. "There's a loophole in the law, you'll find... as long as he wasn't intending to fly the car, the fact that the car could fly wouldn't..."

"Arthur Weasley you made sure there was a loophole in the law when you wrote the bloody thing!" Molly roars "Just so you could carry on tinkering with all that Muggle rubbish in your shed! And for your information, Violet and Harry arrived this morning in the car you weren't intending to fly!"

Mr Weasley looks around the room quickly. "Harry? Harry who?" He takes a closer look around the room, nodding at each of us. George, me, Fred, Ron, and, "Good Lord is it Harry Potter? Very pleased to meet you. Rons told us so much about you, and Violet of course." He nods at me again.

"Your sons flew that car of yours all over the country and back last night!" Molly shouts at her husband.

Mr Weasley takes a second to process what Molly was screaming at him, and then, "Did you really!" His eyes light up in the same way Georges do when he gets excited. "Did it go alright?" He catches a glimpse of Mollys very mad face. "I mean, that was very wrong boys. Very wrong indeed. I umh..."