Talking About Decisions

I place my bag on the ground, not wanting to get the bed dirty with where this bag has been. I take a deep breath and walk into the bathroom. I go searching for towels to find them in the cabinet (duh), but I don't have any soap. 

I figure out how to turn on the shower, and I look around to see more mens products. Well, I hope this Dagger guy doesn't care too much because I'm using his soap. I wash myself quickly and steal more of Dagger's stuff. Toothpaste. Of course I use my finger to brush my teeth. Using his toothbrush would just be too creepy. 

I walk back into the bedroom with my pjs on to find Links sitting on the edge of the bed. 

"Hi. Are you okay? Earlier you really stormed off there. I hope I didn't do anything to upset you."

"It's not you. It's what your mother did."

"Oh?"

"I apologize for storming off like that, but I didn't know if I could control myself. I had to work off all the anger."

"Would you have hit me?"

"No way in hell. Never. I just needed some air. Clear my mind."

I nod, knowing what he means about needing some air. I understand that more than Links can imagine. Though I think mine was a more literal need. 

"I learned that you can't read well either."

"Can't write very well either. My mother didn't want me learning much so that I was dependent on her. That way it would be harder for me to run away."

"How old are you?"

"I'm eighteen."

Links shakes his agitation. He pats the bed next to him, and I tilt my head to the side. Does he want me to sit next to him? Links taps the bed once again, so I canter towards the comfortable bed. Once I sit, my whole body relaxes and my eyes quickly start drifting closed. 

"I know you're tired, but I want to tell you one thing. I want you to stay. At least for a week. Meet everyone, the whole club, and if you like it...stay. If you don't...leave."

"What about my mother?"

"She can come, but you are safe here. She won't touch you here, and I'll make sure of it. Being the leader, it's part of my job to keep everyone who walks in this building safe. You walked in, Eis. You can walk out, but you'll probably be in more danger that way. At least stay for your own safety."

"But what about other people's safety?"

"We can handle it. I'm worried about you."

"I'm worried about everyone else."

"Why don't you sleep on it, and we can discuss this more tomorrow?"

"That would be wonderful."

Links stands slowly, his hands dangling at his sides. He tries to make his way out of the room, but I capture his hand. 

"Thank you so much. For everything. For all of this."

"It's not a problem, Eis. I'm grateful that you are here. I'm glad that my bar and club can be a safe place for you. That's why we are here in the first place."

He places a fatherly kiss on my forehead before making his way out the bedroom door. I climb into the bed and place my head on the most comfortable pillow ever. I fall asleep quickly, dreams of the sun filling my mind.