Questioning The Birks

Eislyn P.O.V.

Dagger kisses me slowly. 

"I'll see you in twenty four hours, my love."

"I'll be waiting, little one. Be careful."

"Are Ajax and Dash coming with me still?"

"Yep. They will also be in contact with me."

His forehead rests against mine as he draws small circles on my shoulder blade.

"I love you, little one."

"I love you, Dagger."

Vicious and Kinger pull me out of Dagger's reach. Dagger clasps my hand and holds it until I'm too far out of his reach. With Ajax and Dash following the two hunchmens limo, which they have roughly shoved me into, we make our way to Mikeal's layer as I call it. 

"You both do know that I would have come willingly."

Vicious is a little cruel towards me, so Kinger turns around in his seat to face me. 

"We've got to make your boyfriend a little mad or we won't have any fun."

"I'm not trying to get into a war with anyone."

"And we don't want to get a war with anyone either, we're just doing our jobs."

I scoff, gazing out the window in disbelief. 

"How many times as a challenged happened?"

"Between clubs, one other time, but in The Birks...never. Here you get killed. The only reason we challenge the Four Aces is because we can't do it at home."

"What would happen if the prospect of challenging was removed?"

"A lot more people would get hurt. The rules were put in place for a reason, and personally, I believe there are more benefits."

"And an official claiming?"

"Goes hand in hand with challenging. You destroy one, you raise the other. Without challenging, more forceful and unconsented official claims would happen. Without the official claim, more challenging and people would get hurt. Why does it matter?"

"I'm trying to understand the dynamics of both clubs. Would people be willing, in your club that you know of, be willing to maybe adopt some things from the Four Aces?"

"The Four Aces are definitely more put together and organized. That would be nice. To actually have sets of rules and something to follow. In The Briks, we're all chickens running around with no heads. But I could see a bad side to it."

"And what's that?"

"If you joined clubs, what would the people do? Part of the job of the Four Aces is making sure we don't havoc the town. Not that we really want to. We're just all bored most of the time."

"You don't having anything else to do with yourself?"

"Motorcycle clubs are all we know."

"Do you want something else for yourself?"

"No. The Birks is my life."

"What if The Birks and Four Aces became one club?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I'm curious of everything. Why there are two fighting for dominance over something so trivial."

"Mikeal would not want to hear you talk that way."

"I don't care about Mikeal. I'm not going to choose him anyway."

Vicious snorts, completely hostile towards me. 

"You prissy bitch! You think you know everything."

"No, I don't. That's why I'm asking questions. Can either of you answer the questions?"

"Yes. We know the history, but it's not going to solve anything."

"History can change the present and future. The more we know our history to it's full  truth, the better we can make the present. I want the full story."

"You'll only get it if you ask Mikeal, who's not in the mood to talk to you."

"Isn't he trying to convince me to fall in love with him?"

"His methods are slightly trivial."

I stiffen up, quickly turning my attention to those words.

"What do you mean by trivial?"

"He's not going to rape you or anything, but he can be a little rough. Sharp around the edges if you will."

"You've got to be kidding me. I don't want to be here."

"Too late for that. We have arrived."